Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Some Questions and answers on life on Atys and roleplaying
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Saga (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Some Questions and answers on life on Atys and roleplaying (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=17094)

legokid August 11th, 2005 07:04 PM

Re: Some Questions and answers on life on Atys and roleplaying

This sovles alot. I've studied the time on Atys but i always ended up stumped.Well with that done i can move onto more mysteries.Out of all the games i've played i've never seen a game with such deep roots.I bow to all of you.

katriell April 25th, 2006 10:46 PM

Bump. This thread is extremely useful.

Also, I'd like an answer to a related question, if possible. At what rate do homin children mature? Same as humans, or...? I mean, how fast do they grow, and approximately at what age (in Jena Years) would it be appropriate for a child to become a playable alt?

Quote:

Homins have a lifespan comparable to the human one.
By this statement, I'm guessing homin children do mature at a rate similar to humans, therefore the initial age of a child alt would be 14-16...?

*wondering how soon I'm going to need to get a second account* :p

jamela April 25th, 2006 11:05 PM

Didn't you asked this before, Jel. Why not play your child alt when you want to, playing the appropriate age - given that you do remember their birthday? :)

katriell April 25th, 2006 11:08 PM

I just don't want to make an assumption, then turn out to be incorrect if/when the official information is released. XD

Problem with homin aging rate = human aging rate, is that it would take two RL years for a child to reach age 12 (1JY = 2 RL months). So I'm wondering if Nevrax has already established that homin children age faster than that, but just haven't said anything about it to us.

jamela April 26th, 2006 09:31 AM

Ooops, I hadn't read Shaddoweb's updated version relating JY to RL year, rather than Atys day to RL day.
Well at least that makes me younger than I thought I was :D

beeryusa September 2nd, 2006 04:37 PM

This is great info. I always like to know how the game world relates to ours.

So if a Jena year is equivalent to an in-game Earth year, game time runs six times faster than real time (as is the case with most MMOs).

So Atys revolves around its star in just over 3 Earth months. So would that mean that Atys was closer to its sun than the Earth is (causing the planet to rotate around its sun faster) and the sun's emitted light was weaker (perhaps a white dwarf)? Or would it mean that the gravitational pull of the Atys sun was stronger, causing the planets to rotate around it faster at a greater distance?

Sorry, but I love to think through these tiny details.

beeryusa September 2nd, 2006 04:46 PM

Since this thread is a sticky, and since this is definitely on topic, I feel the following belongs here:

NAMES OF THE DAYS
------------------------------------
On Atys there are six days per week:

Prima
Dua
Tria
Quarta
Quinteth
Holeth (day of graces whatever the religion)

NAMES OF THE MONTHS
------------------------------------
The seasons remain the same and are cut out by groups of three months:

Spring (month finishing by -ly)
Winderly
Germinally
Folially

Summer (month finishing by -is)
Floris
Medis
Thermis

Autumn (month finishing by -or)
Harvestor
Frutor
Fallenor

Winter (month finishing by -ia)
Pluvia
Mystia
Nivia

katriell September 2nd, 2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeryusa
So Atys revolves around its star in just over 3 Earth months. So would that mean that Atys was closer to its sun than the Earth is (causing the planet to rotate around its sun faster) and the sun's emitted light was weaker (perhaps a white dwarf)? Or would it mean that the gravitational pull of the Atys sun was stronger, causing the planets to rotate around it faster at a greater distance?

...Does Atys revolve around its star at all? ;) Notice that the sun doesn't move in the sky, merely increases and decreases in intensity.

jamela September 2nd, 2006 05:31 PM

To correct you slightly, a Jena Year is 72 RL days, so game time is just over 5 times faster than RL. Regarding Atys astronomy, beeryusa, I think you'll find this thread interesting : Names of the "moons". Particularly onwards from pr0ger's post on page 2.

Hehe *points up at Katriell's sig* But that's a different thread :D

beeryusa September 3rd, 2006 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamela
...Regarding Atys astronomy, beeryusa, I think you'll find this thread interesting : Names of the "moons". Particularly onwards from pr0ger's post on page 2.

Interesting stuff. Now I'm going to have to spend some time looking at the sky and really trying to figure this stuff out.