Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Story: Comic Strips Starting Today - 01: Ora
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Story: Comic Strips Starting Today - 01: Ora (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=22433)

noceros May 17th, 2006 10:12 PM

Re: Story: Comic Strips Starting Today - 01: Ora

I know my mom told me that if I don't have anything nice to say I shouldn't way anything at all, but I find these last two comics (#21 and #22) to be rather offensive both IC and OOC. Both of the comics are offensive to women, and the last one manages to insult followers of both the Karavan and the Kami, as well as directly insulting at least 3 out of 4 races in the game (I can't tell if that one guy is supposed to be Matis or Tryker). What disturbs me most is that this is now what people see when they first arrive at the ryzom website.

Ryzom is a great game. I've played for a long time, and I plan to continue doing so, but if those comics were my first impression of this game, I think I might not even make a trial account.

katriell May 17th, 2006 10:29 PM

I'm female and I find #21 and #22 funny. :)

I do agree somewhat, however, that it may not be best to have stuff like that on the front page.

jamela May 17th, 2006 10:35 PM

Offensive to fictional races and religions? You have to be kidding! :D (recalls innumerable terrible elf / dwarf / halfling etc. jokes) Offensive to women, maybe so, I imagine many might tut disapprovingly, but as regards Ryzom's frontpage did you not notice Nevrax's own Jena?

Edit: Come to think of it, haven't noticed Jena in a while. Is she still en route or just lost?

grimjim May 17th, 2006 11:10 PM

sex sells, despite the best efforts in the world to be nice and PC that remains a fact.

Plus I think the last two have been the best :)

noceros May 17th, 2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamela
Offensive to fictional races and religions?

Yes, from a roleplay point of view. Particulary for Trykers... always being dismissed as halfwit halflings. It gets old.

akm72 May 17th, 2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noceros
...Particulary for Trykers... always being dismissed as halfwit halflings.

They only get dismissed like that after the Trykette wins the argument ;-)

grimjim May 17th, 2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, from a roleplay point of view. Particulary for Trykers... always being dismissed as halfwit halflings. It gets old.

They ARE playful and saucy, even the evil arrogant ones.

katriell May 17th, 2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Will a character ever see these comics? Are these comics also published IC in Atys?

If not, then roleplay point of view is irrelevant.

meloner May 18th, 2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

I know my mom told me that if I don't have anything nice to say I shouldn't way anything at all, but I find these last two comics (#21 and #22) to be rather offensive both IC and OOC. Both of the comics are offensive to women, and the last one manages to insult followers of both the Karavan and the Kami, as well as directly insulting at least 3 out of 4 races in the game (I can't tell if that one guy is supposed to be Matis or Tryker). What disturbs me most is that this is now what people see when they first arrive at the ryzom website.

Nope Im a fyros ! And please dont confuse insulting with teasing thx ! May i add that untill now ALL races have been 'insulted' as u say in ALL the strips ! it's just comic teasing that's suppost to make us all laugh. Oh and if it can make u feel better i wrote in the email that the photos of Jena were not necessarily to be naked pics, but bikini and such :) If i manage to write a comic strip that doesnt make fun of any races ill open a bottle of champagne for achieving the 'almost impossible unless not related to game'

akicks May 18th, 2006 03:37 PM

I find that the latest two comics are out of place.

Remember this game is rated as a 12, you need to make sure that the content on the front page is inline with that age restriction.

Don't get me wrong, they are funny and I enjoyed them - but they shouldn't be on the front page of this site.