Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - An observation from a newbie
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   An observation from a newbie (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=23636)

philu June 23rd, 2006 01:12 PM

Re: An observation from a newbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugmak
Makes those "revenge kills" all the sweeter later on when you survive the first fight with something that used to chase you down and eat you...and all the sudden, you realize...hey, I can kill all these beasties now!! Grrrrr Payback suckaazz!!!

I just ignore them now. I can happily just run straight past them and let them run after me trying to bite me. I just keep right on running, ignoring the minor irritation of their attack as they barely make a dent on my HP, until they give up.

Even sweeter than revenge, treat them as an insignificance. :D

I did hear that in another game (a what??) the low level mobs stop trying to kill you when you're too strong. *imagines Gingos runnign away when they see me * Now THAT would be cool. :D

acridiel June 23rd, 2006 01:34 PM

Hmyeah, woul be quite funny to have that here too. :D
Itīs interesting though to find that if the creature runs away from you, you feel urged to kill it nonetheless :D *eG*
DIE SU**ER :D *LOL*

Acridiel

desertt June 23rd, 2006 02:40 PM

well it would be a nice implentation but im sure that would be to much work to get it done never the less stays a marvelous idea.

walking trough pr right trough the spawns but everyone runs away lol :P

chessack June 24th, 2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
Just to clarify the "con" system:

The background color of the little box in the target window indicates a level range.

Green = 1-30 (?)
Blue = 1-50
Yellow = 50-100
Orange = 100-150
Red = 150-200
Purple = 200-250

The number next to the star indicates a more precise range.

1* green, for example, would be level 1-10. 2* green, level 10-20. 3* green, 20-30. 3* yellow, 70-80. 2* red, 160-170.

I have to say that while I get it... I find the con system extremely confusing. I need a lookup table to figure out what the numbers and colors mean.

C

simiant June 24th, 2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acridiel
Hmyeah, woul be quite funny to have that here too. :D
Itīs interesting though to find that if the creature runs away from you, you feel urged to kill it nonetheless :D *eG*
DIE SU**ER :D *LOL*

Acridiel

Maybe the creature is too busy being a mindless beast to know when to suck it up and run away, instead of trying to lunch on you, an oh so tasty after dinner treat? Course once it gets half its butt chopped off, maybe it will go try to hide under the nearest bush... Unless the poor beast is like say.. a deer, that startles easily, and runs away at the slightest possible threat.. eh

katriell June 24th, 2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessack
I have to say that while I get it... I find the con system extremely confusing. I need a lookup table to figure out what the numbers and colors mean.

C

You'll end up memorizing it. It's easy once you remember that color = range of 50, number = range of 10.

k3mistry June 24th, 2006 12:13 PM

heh yeah mobs running away from u if you are much stronger is definitely interesting.

whats better is the mobs u fail to kill runs away and calls his other aggro friends along the way back onto you makes it even more fun.

lol would love to see how many people will use fear only to find themselves being mobbed by lots of monsters.

meitemax February 9th, 2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3mistry
heh yeah mobs running away from u if you are much stronger is definitely interesting.

Shadowlands in Anarchy Online have it that way. Afaik it was introduced to stop farming of items by highlevel players.

zarozina February 9th, 2007 01:24 PM

The other, obvious answer to the original poster: try teaming up with a healer. Ryzom is to a large extent about teamwork, and the earlier you start to bear that in mind when you go out hunting, the better. You'll find the ragus a lot less scary then ;)

afnr2908 February 9th, 2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
You'll end up memorizing it. It's easy once you remember that color = range of 50, number = range of 10.

Or you could just put your cursor over the star/s and it will tell you the level of the mob, ie. 30-40

Madam