Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - An observation from a newbie
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   An observation from a newbie (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=23636)

mithur February 9th, 2007 02:23 PM

Re: An observation from a newbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3mistry
heh yeah mobs running away from u if you are much stronger is definitely interesting.

It is, for sure. Is somehow annoying go for an area 100lvls lower than you dragging at your back 6 or 7 ragus/gingos (And, what's worst, dragging them by mistake in poor new players), and make every little time a stop to kill them all in two hits and continue.

I think that if they detect that you have melee or magic 60 lvls high, they can simply run or not attack. Obviously they'll not be scared by a guy with meele 50, magic 50 and forage 250, but...

katriell February 9th, 2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithur
It is, for sure. Is somehow annoying go for an area 100lvls lower than you dragging at your back 6 or 7 ragus/gingos (And, what's worst, dragging them by mistake in poor new players), and make every little time a stop to kill them all in two hits and continue.

I think that if they detect that you have melee or magic 60 lvls high, they can simply run or not attack. Obviously they'll not be scared by a guy with meele 50, magic 50 and forage 250, but...

That would make sneaking boring in many places once you got level 250 in a combat skill. Also, it makes the game easier in regard to mechanics...and anything that makes the game mechanics easier is a bad thing.

telar February 9th, 2007 05:14 PM

I want healpots, would make the whole thing much easier, and Iīm sure one wouldīnt allways got killed by the second ragus, after you just survived the first on:D

tr808 February 9th, 2007 05:31 PM

Nah, healpots would be another BIG thing making gameplay way to easy... I have to agree when i started i misssed them like *insert bad word* but now i came used to not having them i can see why they are not there :)

d29565 February 9th, 2007 05:37 PM

what is a healpot??

acridiel February 9th, 2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d29565
what is a healpot??

Healingpotion.

We could also use a Cotion of Ponfusion sometimes ;)

But I agree with Kat here. Those things would make the game all too easy and take most of the fun out of it.

With Cats InGame to use for everything itīs allready not such a big accomblishment to reach 250 anymore, so if with Healpots youīd be able to zoom even faster trough levels... *sighs and shivers* That would be an NGE for us ;)

CU
Acridiel

sumoman February 9th, 2007 05:54 PM

Heal pots would make everything way to easy
when infinity went for a break to rfo i found out how easy heal pots made everything
Made staying alive in PvP so god damn easy. i was able to withstand any attacks and not die but i couldnt kill anyone cos they all had pots, where is the fun in that? it just turns into who ever can run out of pots first

telar February 9th, 2007 06:01 PM

Well Iīve got one level allmost 200 , I played since allmost a year, and I still miss my heal potions. I donīt think at all it would be easier, just get rid of the crystals they make the game easy. Anyhow if there not cheap, people rather lvl with a healer, and if you allways got your pockets full of potions how do you wanne collect the materials.
furthermore I doubt If you go out and about, you wanne return everytime back to the maincity to refill your pockets, and hey more things to spend money on

grahambr February 9th, 2007 06:09 PM

Kaynos72, the best advice for a newb, and I still class myself as one, is not to approach this game as you have in the past. I think I would be right saying that is like none of the others out there.

As per the advise already given you need the right skills and armour to survive in some areas of the land outside the main towns. Also bear in mind that Atys is an evolving environment and changes continuously. Mobs you see in a particular place one day have moved or changed a few days later. Things change frequently with the seasons and time of day too. Mob AI is also much more advanced here too so the mobs can be more unpredictable.

This all combined with the beauty of the place makes it like no other MMO, so you must learn to play very differently to how you have been used to. This is what make the game so much fun and you will find plently of help from the community as a whole.

Learn to play this game over time and don't get too frustrated. I'm sure you will soon be picked up by a friendly Guild too and they will be of great help to you.

Good luck and stick with it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. ;)

katriell February 9th, 2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telar
Well Iīve got one level allmost 200 , I played since allmost a year, and I still miss my heal potions. I donīt think at all it would be easier, just get rid of the crystals they make the game easy. Anyhow if there not cheap, people rather lvl with a healer, and if you allways got your pockets full of potions how do you wanne collect the materials.
furthermore I doubt If you go out and about, you wanne return everytime back to the maincity to refill your pockets, and hey more things to spend money on

Just because a few players miss heal potions from other games doesn't mean they'd be at all appropriate to Ryzom.