Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - An observation from a newbie
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   An observation from a newbie (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=23636)

telar February 9th, 2007 08:20 PM

Re: An observation from a newbie

I canīt realy see where is the problem, if there would be healpotions in game, anybody who doesnīt wanne buy them just donīt buy any. I think getting rid of the crystals will be a much better Idea, but than some like it some donīt thats life, and life is a **Please watch your language -- Tydamus** , and than you merry one:D
and anyhow its just simply an Idea, there are no healpotion in the game

calel February 9th, 2007 08:38 PM

I aree that it could be beneficial for certain playstyles; some people like (or are only able) to solo more often than others, and that's always been a weak point for Ryzom. Healing draughts and 'potions' however could offer more enjoyment for that particular playstyle but almost any implementation would pretty much unbalance the self-heal power, mages' heaing power and make PvP a bland click-pot charrade where the one who runs out of pots innevitably looses, as Schizm pointed out.

katriell February 9th, 2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telar
I canīt realy see where is the problem, if there would be healpotions in game, anybody who doesnīt wanne buy them just donīt buy any.

When the game is made easier, there is less interdependency among players, and the social aspect along with the overall quality of the community decreases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by telar
and anyhow its just simply an Idea, there are no healpotion in the game

But if GameForge hears people wanting the game to be easier, they might decide it's a good idea and implement such things, and then the game would become undead like Star Wars Galaxies. :p

amitst February 9th, 2007 11:35 PM

we encourage teaming, if you have decent armor and weapons then the mobs really dont seem to hit that hard

huntar February 10th, 2007 08:05 AM

If mobs ran away from anyone with a combat level 50 above their own... how would you train your secondary melee skills ?

you would need an afflictionist to Root or Stun things so you could stick your little knives in.... and Ranged would involve the mobs Kiting you :p

not a valid option :D

As for Heal potions.. beleive it or not, having friends is better.

neuze February 10th, 2007 09:38 AM

as for heal potions and etc etc ....

I like all the difference between ryzom and all the other games :D

Have fun and try to make as much friends as you can

acridiel February 10th, 2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntar
If mobs ran away from anyone with a combat level 50 above their own... how would you train your secondary melee skills ?

you would need an afflictionist to Root or Stun things so you could stick your little knives in.... and Ranged would involve the mobs Kiting you :p

not a valid option :D

As for Heal potions.. beleive it or not, having friends is better.

Very good point there.
Just imagine, youīre out hunting with a friend whoīs 250 2 Handed Melee and wants to level up his 1 Hand... Well, all mobs run away from your team...

"Dīoh! Hey, you must leave the team, we canīt level with you."

"But how am I supposed to level, mobs keep running away frome me, I need you to hold them in place with Magic."

"Well, we canīt keep them in place, becuse they arenīt in the place, running away from you... And besides we donīt wat to level Affliction Magic, we wanted to do Daggers and Blunt wapons etc..."

Allright, letīs forget this idea.
And Iīll restate my previous statement here:
If healing Potions were implemented EVERYONE would buy them.
Not just those whoīd need them for leveling or PvP.
So sooner or later almost everone wold scream for more storrage space again, because of all the potions filling up their appartment and guildhalls and packers... *rolleyes*

Just forget the notion, please.

Acridiel