Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25448)

zanthar September 12th, 2006 09:09 PM

Re: What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamela
Bodies lying around and never being reclaimed by Atys would be inconsistent with Ryzom. I always did find the persistent ribcages and spines a little incongruous but assumed that they were tainted by goo.

Apart from the larger buildings typical of the towns - not the tribe villages - and the outpost buildings, I think the library of scenery items is pretty much complete. I would like to be able to interact with them, however, like the crates on Silan, for example. Search and find.

I'd love to see water features and bridges like at Thesos, but that's map editing and not going to happen in the short term.

I can understand where you are coming from here but for effect a much slower decay rate would be nice so the village doesn't look like a ghost town when the party gets there! :D

jamela September 12th, 2006 10:13 PM

Then, like Noin said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by marct
Can't you put an NPC in the scenario, and on the Scenario start event add an event that kills them?

I thought killing was an event option on people and creatures.

Activate the village occupants and kill them off in the same stroke, all triggered by the adventurers' approach. You ruthless people ;)

kiexa September 12th, 2006 11:11 PM

a "dead" homin could have more than one use;

"My son is ill, speak to the Master Healer of the Tribe, he may have a recipee for a cure"
"My son has been knocked unconscious by the goo/raiders/gibbai, he needs water"
"Sneak past the sleeping marauders to the east and retrieve the bag"

ofcourse all these would need wakeup juice also, last time i tried to "add hp" to a dead thing my client crashed :(

forever September 13th, 2006 01:14 AM

More building would be nice, especially the kind you and other can go into. :)

amitst September 20th, 2006 05:47 PM

just use matis people, they are pale and ghostly white

raynes September 20th, 2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetemi
talking yubos...

You actually should be able to make them talk. You just create a dialog. Then set up an event that when a player clicks on that Yubo, the dialog spawns.

sidusar September 21st, 2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimjim
Yeah, spawning and despawning trees/tents/landslips would be nice.

That's at the top of my wishlist too. Events like despawning a building and respawning a ruin in it's place come to mind.

Another wish - ability to group different kinds of entities together. I want to be able to create guards with trained ragus, or use cratcha as tower defenses. (Which is not unrealistic, go look at the Siblings of the Weeds camp, they have cratcha tower defenses.)

And as has already been suggested - more control over who my entities should and should not attack on sight. If I want to have two rival bandit groups, they do need to fight eachother.

khyle September 22nd, 2006 05:22 PM

Ryzom objects I'd like to see in the ring

I'd like to see the rest of the civilian clutter, e.g. the triangular boxes seen at some camps and on the packers, and more of that unique-to-Atys kind of stuff; I'd like to see pot plants like there once were in Pyr (pre-beta) (and I'd also like to see them in Pyr, not only in Rē ;)); I'd like players to be able to have mounts inside Rē scenarios, I'd like to have larger scenario areas, or at least areas not "on the bottom of a well"

Apart from that, I'm looking forward enthusiastically to all the possibilities the Ring brings :)

amitst September 22nd, 2006 09:37 PM

basic terrain editing... land elevation

beyond that, I want enterable buildings like they have in the secret kami oasis or like that nice place in thesos... or barroom in pyr

or like that building in fairhaven where you can go up the stairs and look out over the city

i dotn see why we wouldnt be able to use any object, or any building at all, that is currently in the game

most importantly i would love to be able to set up a merchant on my own in my own scenario, or set up a box to store stuf

oh im dreaming too much..

rushin September 22nd, 2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitst
basic terrain editing... land elevation

I wonder what sort of package they use for map creation... if they develop it as a future tool for the Ring then it would really push things to another level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitst
oh im dreaming too much..

you can never dream too much :)