Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25448)

kiexa September 12th, 2006 05:25 PM

What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?

I`ll start off:

-dead homin

-tryker town platforms

-more town buildings

-a key graphic as one of the scenario objects

-goo damage

(sorry if any of these are now in, not played ring for a while)

marct September 12th, 2006 05:49 PM

Re: What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?

Can't you put an NPC in the scenario, and on the Scenario start event add an event that kills them?

I thought killing was an event option on people and creatures.

A Key of all the possible events and action on each type of item would be nice.

I would like more than anything else for barriers to be de-spawnable.

kiexa September 12th, 2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marct
Can't you put an NPC in the scenario, and on the Scenario start event add an event that kills them?

I thought killing was an event option on people and creatures.

A Key of all the possible events and action on each type of item would be nice.

I would like more than anything else for barriers to be de-spawnable.

yep you can, but thier bodies disappear after a short time i think. was thinking more ruined city, totally dead population sort of thing. agree on the barriers thing, missed that ability alot :( same with landslides unlocking pathways (or blocking them) etc

grimjim September 12th, 2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiexa
yep you can, but thier bodies disappear after a short time i think. was thinking more ruined city, totally dead population sort of thing. agree on the barriers thing, missed that ability alot :( same with landslides unlocking pathways (or blocking them) etc

Yeah, spawning and despawning trees/tents/landslips would be nice.

You CAN do it by triggering a transition to the next chapter and adding/removing them, but it's a clumsy workaround at best.

marct September 12th, 2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiexa

Ahh, I wasn't sure if it disappeared if you seelcted it to not be respawnable.

I would like if dead homins are introduced for them to still be targetable and have all the events that a live one has. Maybe a checkbox to make them not disappear would be good. Make this for all types of NPC's, and possibly even mobs. Dead guards bring to mind different things than dead civilians or dead rogue/cut throats.

The ability to have a dead homin talk would be interesting too.

jamela September 12th, 2006 07:54 PM

Bodies lying around and never being reclaimed by Atys would be inconsistent with Ryzom. I always did find the persistent ribcages and spines a little incongruous but assumed that they were tainted by goo.

Apart from the larger buildings typical of the towns - not the tribe villages - and the outpost buildings, I think the library of scenery items is pretty much complete. I would like to be able to interact with them, however, like the crates on Silan, for example. Search and find.

I'd love to see water features and bridges like at Thesos, but that's map editing and not going to happen in the short term.

kaetemi September 12th, 2006 08:00 PM

talking yubos...

kiexa September 12th, 2006 08:14 PM

-some sort of tribe/army leader distinction, when an army of NPC`s is charging arround a map, its easy to lose sight of the chief unless hes a big zoari dude in pink armour leading a tryker tribe. Could be to have him mounted, bearing a flag , laser disco helmet or something.

-just mentioned but mounted NPC`s :)

-huts, farms, bars

rothimar September 12th, 2006 08:35 PM

- wider selection of barriers

jamela September 12th, 2006 08:59 PM

- swirling portal