Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Can someone provide a NWN comparison to the RR Toolset?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Can someone provide a NWN comparison to the RR Toolset? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25455)

rothimar September 15th, 2006 05:16 PM

Re: Can someone provide a NWN comparison to the RR Toolset?

If R2 gets too complicated... it will limit the amount of interest people will have in creating content.

I personally don't have the time to learn another scripting language, but I would love to create some scenarios. I would rather see an easy to use, point and click system like what we have fine tuned and fleshed out a bit.

But that's just me.

zanthar September 15th, 2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rothimar
If R2 gets too complicated... it will limit the amount of interest people will have in creating content.

I personally don't have the time to learn another scripting language, but I would love to create some scenarios. I would rather see an easy to use, point and click system like what we have fine tuned and fleshed out a bit.

But that's just me.

QFE! I personally only have time to play like 3 to 4 hrs on week nights and a litle longer on the weekends, and well learning a new scripting language does not in the least sound appealing when I'm looking to have fun playing the game by building a scenerio! Just my 2 cents:D But if they could simplify the processes that you spoke of like adding water and ground elevation by making them click and drag or the like I would greatly applaud that as well! Most of all they need to keep the Ring simple to use so all that wish to use can do so enjoyably :)

archaege September 15th, 2006 06:25 PM

My opinion from working with these kind of tools is that they can leave it as simple as it is now for the average user, while still adding more complex, but unrequired, options for the more advanced designer.

If the event system gains enough features, a scripting language wouldnt be necessary, but even if one was added, that doesnt mean it needs to be complex.

Also one thing I have heard concern about that i would hope gets addressed at least in beta is the dialog options, ie, no branching trees of dialog, which is essential to a lot of storytellers.

But so far im pretty impressed by it (from reading manual and watching videos, still deciding whether or not to pay <grin>)

Archaegeo

kaetemi September 17th, 2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archaege
Is there a scripting language of any sort?

There is, but I don't think it will be available to players yet at release.