Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Mobs following a path?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Mobs following a path? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25519)

marct September 14th, 2006 01:45 PM

Mobs following a path?

I would really like to be able to have mobs follow a path. Is this not possible? It seems I can only set a Hunt and a feed zone for them.

They will travel between these zones, however I have no control over the path they will take. Sometimes animal path is important in a story. And Animals do have regular paths in the wild. I want to be able to send my animals round about the way I choose. I guess I could have dozens of areas and just send them from one area to the next. But why not just have them be able to path?

acridiel September 14th, 2006 01:50 PM

Re: Mobs following a path?

Agreed.

Follow the white Yubo isnīt that nice, if the Yubo wanders aimlessly. ;)

Acridiel

forever September 14th, 2006 02:29 PM

Named and Boss mobs will follow a path. So you could follow Ora. ;)

I agree it would be nice if you could get all mobs to follow a path.

kaetemi September 17th, 2006 09:07 AM

And talking yubos!

bluefve September 17th, 2006 06:36 PM

Isn't it possible? I would assume so. Have them grouped, and set another sequence for the leader, that after he grazes or sleeps, or at your trigger, follows Route #. I don't see why this wont work?

jamela September 17th, 2006 07:52 PM

It is possible, yes.

Place a mob, it will be selected and you'll see contextual buttons bottom left of screen, one of which is "Route". If you use the fauna macro-component, however, then you're stuck with their zones, and the mobs are unselectable and uneditable.

bluefve September 17th, 2006 11:24 PM

Then bypass it with manual selection of mobs, simple. It allows you to choose their sleep and eat zones if desired as well, plus, you can add a variety of pets.

blaah September 17th, 2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefve
Isn't it possible? I would assume so. Have them grouped, and set another sequence for the leader, that after he grazes or sleeps, or at your trigger, follows Route #. I don't see why this wont work?

you can only have hunt/feed and rest zones for herbivores and predators. check closer, route is for kitins/bosses/npc.

grimjim September 18th, 2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaah
you can only have hunt/feed and rest zones for herbivores and predators. check closer, route is for kitins/bosses/npc.

You can give them chained commands to move from zone to zone and feed/whatever but it doesn't work too well.