Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Ring Suggestions
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Ring Suggestions (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25524)

raynes September 14th, 2006 05:19 PM

Ring Suggestions

In my short time playing with the tool there were some things that I think could really improve the usability of the product.

1) Print out topographical maps.
Give the user the ability to print out a topographical map of the area they wish to build on. It's important to have it topographical because the elevation of the terrain can play a big part in designing. It would make it much easier to design if one could print out and plan ahead of actually designing.

2) Allow players to base animal behavior on seasons.
I would love to be able to have more yubos spawn in spring, then have them migrate in the summer. Then have the gingos hunt mektobs in the spring and yubos in the summer as there would be more of them.

3) Scenario Error????
Of all the things this is the biggest problem with the Ring. If you finish a scenario and test it, if there is something wrong it just says scenario error. Please change it so that it either tells you the object that is in error or goes to that object. It's easy to find a problem with 10 items on a map, but not 100.

marct September 16th, 2006 07:40 PM

Re: Ring Suggestions

I would love events for sequences like:

'NPC' reaches end of 'Route'
'NPC' enters 'Place'

Can I have my Compass in Editor Mode? I would love to be able to see how far things are apart. Especially for figuring aggro distances and all.

schlo01 September 17th, 2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marct
I would love events for sequences like:

'NPC' reaches end of 'Route'
'NPC' enters 'Place'

Can I have my Compass in Editor Mode? I would love to be able to see how far things are apart. Especially for figuring aggro distances and all.

There is something that might help you.
When a NPC follows a path, a sequence is generated. You could assign an event to the NPC. When the NPC reaches an endpoint the sequence ends and there is an event for this:
NPC->End of Activity->Seq1->Follow Route Route1
or
NPC->End of Sequence->Seq1

I used this to let a NPC run to a location and stop there (using an empty sequence which is executed when the "End of Activity->Seq1" event occurs), otherwise the NPC would run back and repeat the sequence.

For your "'NPC' enters 'Place'" problem, I would say the "Zone Trigger" is what you need.

Carfesch

marct September 18th, 2006 04:09 PM

Thanks, I did notice some of the end of sequence stuff this weekend. I didn't get to tool around to much.

I am running into some issues now with not all "Actions" of an event firing. Still working through some of them.

One thing that would be nice is on the properties of a NPC (creature or person) Having a drop down that lets you modify the level of that creature. With it keeping all of the currently configured items, including changing any events, sequences, etc. Tuning for balance is a LOT of work without something like this.

Also in the Entity browser it would be nice if the names showed a lvl. I can't remember if menacing is stronger than scary. :)

Having the Target window in the editor could help with this too.