Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Ryzom Ring Points and Scenarios on Test
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Ryzom Ring Points and Scenarios on Test (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25645)

raynes September 20th, 2006 12:31 AM

Ryzom Ring Points and Scenarios on Test

I asked this in clients and did not get an answer so maybe I can get one here.

Scenarios on the ring are character based as far as I can see. Meaning that you need to pick a character to build a scenario. You also gain ring points based upon how much that character explores.

They also said that any stuff you create in the ring beta will be carried over to the live server.

Well if you characters are different on the ATS, how will that carry over to the live version?

forever September 20th, 2006 01:12 AM

Re: Ryzom Ring Points and Scenarios on Test

Scenarios are not character based, any one of your character could work on the map. You could also give the .r2 file to a friend and as long as their account had the ring points to work on it they could help build the map as well.

raynes September 20th, 2006 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forever
Scenarios are not character based, any one of your character could work on the map. You could also give the .r2 file to a friend and as long as their account had the ring points to work on it they could help build the map as well.

Thrn how do ring points work? It's based upon what spawn points you have in the game and that is charater based.

kibsword September 20th, 2006 02:04 AM

Any character can access a scenario if they have the Ring points to my knowledge. So you may have 1 character that has the points to edit it, but an alt doesn't. A friend also has the ring points and can edit it, but another one doesn't.

The only thing thats character based are ring points, scenarios arn't. Ring points do restrict which scenarios people can access, but scenarios arn't tied to individual characters.

marct September 20th, 2006 04:01 AM

I thought this was based on account not characters within that account. Menaing that if one of your characters had a spawn point that another didn't, it would count towards your sum total.

It sounds like we need a clarification from Marjo.

nephy13 October 30th, 2006 09:42 AM

I have alts in different areas and they have access to entirely different things in the Ring editor based on their individual Knowledge of Atys scores. It would be really nice if the editor used a merged score to unlock components, since keeping them seperate is annoying for people who like alting but want to create globe-trotting scenarios. I better get trekking with at least one of them, I suppose...