Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - The Ring is going live today?? 9/20???
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   The Ring is going live today?? 9/20??? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25678)

raynes September 21st, 2006 10:00 AM

Re: The Ring is going live today?? 9/20???

Quote:

Originally Posted by swater
So why dont you get stuck into some scenario creative dialog ...get me in there and have lets have some fun with it while it lasts :D
Zigy

Don't worry I am.

truce1 September 21st, 2006 04:57 PM

Who cares?

I havent found a bug yet, and it feels very solid.

Any changes they need to make would most likely be things you just cant account for untill live.

xenofur September 21st, 2006 06:59 PM

raynes, either you think we're lying and should say so out loud, so we can start ignoring you, or you're a complete idiot.

btw, live != beta ;)

andypur1 September 21st, 2006 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynes
What's hard to grasp is they went from ALPHA to Live in 9 days.

And so what if they did? Alpha software doesn't have to be unstable / unfinished.

I was accepted as part of the second wave of alpha-testers (from mid-August). I personally would say that the alpha that I was using, at that time, looked pretty stable to me and maybe should have been labelled a closed-beta instead. I imagine that the alpha label was because they were still undertaking tests and occasionally things wouldn't be running. We also had a lot more freedom to add things which wouldn't be available to all when the ring was opened (no ring points etc.). I imagine that the first wave of testers had a much tougher time of things ;)

Alpha and beta labels are all pretty relative anyway. If the labelling of software was done properly, it should go from alpha to omega :p