Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Chests and Immersion
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Chests and Immersion (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25768)

thurgond September 24th, 2006 05:47 AM

Chests and Immersion

I understand the technical reasons behind putting ring items in chests, but I do think it spoils the immersion.

One of the best things about Ryzom is that yubos don't drop magic swords. Now in the Ring: you kill a yubo, a chest appears; you stand in the special spot, a chest appears; say the secret word, a duck drops down and gives you 50 dapper. No wait, I can't figure out how to do that last one.

The worst part of attacking chests is that they can dodge and evade. It may be that I was using a "never left the old isle" character to test, but it took three wacks to open a chest because it was dodging.

raynes September 24th, 2006 06:39 AM

Re: Chests and Immersion

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurgond
I understand the technical reasons behind putting ring items in chests, but I do think it spoils the immersion.

One of the best things about Ryzom is that yubos don't drop magic swords. Now in the Ring: you kill a yubo, a chest appears; you stand in the special spot, a chest appears; say the secret word, a duck drops down and gives you 50 dapper. No wait, I can't figure out how to do that last one.

The worst part of attacking chests is that they can dodge and evade. It may be that I was using a "never left the old isle" character to test, but it took three wacks to open a chest because it was dodging.

The Kami perform a ceremony to call ma-duk who appears and makes a chest appear with a scroll... oh wait that makes sense.

rme2001 September 24th, 2006 10:35 AM

Re: Chests and Immersion

I agree tho, the chest kills the emersion.

There should be a posibility to assigning loot to Creatures, for example, after you kill a certain plant in my scenario, it spawns a chest with leafs in it.

Now it would make perfect sense to just let the plant drop those leafs.

I do understand that making a yubo drop a complete set of equipment is just as bad as having a chest spawn. But i think we should at least get the option.