Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Wish List
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wish List (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25793)

rushin September 25th, 2006 08:59 PM

Re: Wish List

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Anything wrong with this thread? :p

nothing, but they are totally different topics :p lots of the suggestions so far here havent been Ryzom objects at all :) I did read that but thought it good to have a catch all.

sidusar September 25th, 2006 09:16 PM

Truetrue, this topic is broader. I just wanted to point that thread out because it also has a bunch of good suggestions in it :)

More wishes that I just remembered:

- Ability to see if someone's online even if they're in the Ring.

- Trigger condition: "If player comes within X meter of entity."
The zone trigger isn't always convenient to use. For example, you can't pull the vertices of the zone all the way to the wall. Since sneaking past the wall is normal player behavior, a player could easily sneak right past the zone without triggering it. Also, you could want to trigger an event if a player approaches a wandering NPC. You can't do that with a static zone trigger.

rushin September 26th, 2006 10:48 AM

second the scripting language, but failing that at least some global variables

an OnEnter event for players coming so we could bring them up to speed on an in progress scenario, send a npc to meet, etc

be able to send players a tell, not as AM but through an event

a simplistic off line editor would be nice, 2d map, ability to edit dialogs, events, etc

sidusar September 27th, 2006 02:23 PM

Don't think I've seen it yet:
- Let me see a list of all my events, rather than only filtered by entity. If I find that I've placed an event on the wrong entity, I then have to search every entity one by one to find out where it is.

raynes September 27th, 2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Don't think I've seen it yet:
- Let me see a list of all my events, rather than only filtered by entity. If I find that I've placed an event on the wrong entity, I then have to search every entity one by one to find out where it is.

I agree with this. And the ability to arrange them in order. Better yet how about the game produce a branch tree showing you the order of events.

sx4rlet September 27th, 2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynes
And the ability to arrange them in order. Better yet how about the game produce a branch tree showing you the order of events.

YES !!! *please please please*
this can be very usefull!

rushin September 28th, 2006 01:28 AM

dialog emotes aimed at creatures

implementation of /random with a view to using in events (ie a switch() construct)

setting of respawn timer

more involved dialog options. multiple choice.

changing the order of sequences/acts/dialogs not just the order of actions within a sequence.

a long term one maybe, but having info about mob health levels (e.g. timer kicks off with a boss fight, if its hp is less than 50% at 2 mins its too easy so i want to spawn a second boss)

water is currently unselectable in paths, how come? everything can swim afaik

i have a mob in a sequence where it follows a route. if its interuppted (by a player attack say) after the attack is dealt with it breaks off the sequence and returns to its start position and begins sequence from start. Erm, thats not very clear but would be nice to continue from where it was or have an option to do that or return to start.

I could go on all night, but sleep better. having lots of fun :)

dlice September 29th, 2006 04:06 AM

could suggest a lot of small things i miss, but that would be a long list.
Mostly some enhancments to the "scripting".

So i just post the major imrovement id like to see.

Please find a way to reduce upload times of scenarios, im just starting and its nothing much in, and it upload up to 45 seconds already (checked bandwidth and the maximum i saw was 3-4kb/sec)

well hope this can be improved.

gillest October 2nd, 2006 12:23 PM

- Working Friend list

- Barriers not counting as one Entity or been extendable or grouped.

- Mobs-Npc Hunting-Rest zones linked to the NPC to select if they are permanent or not.

- Separate the Action budget from the entity budget (100 of each pls:))

- I second loading time request: 3 acts take more than 5 minutes to upload: very annoying when u swicth from edit to test 50 times to correct few bugs (or have ability to test only one act and not upload the full scenario).

rushin October 5th, 2006 01:16 AM

a Kitin Patrol fauna system, pretty please :D (or just patrol kirosta mob with the aggro range that they had)

ability to set the repawn points where we want to on scenario creation

the pr maps are a bit lacking in landscape's that we have in the mainland pr, caves i really miss not having (like yelkoo's), hills like the amber area to the south of Najakoo (Najkoo?) in ToT, narrower tunnels would be nice also :)

as suggested by a guildie an ability to measure things would be great for mob placement, and maybe a circlular shading showing aggro range of currently selected mob.