Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Wish List
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wish List (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25793)

grimjim October 16th, 2006 08:43 AM

Re: Wish List

Changing the season of existing scenarios. Not in play - necessarily - but for Guild villages/towns etc it'd be a nice feature - or being able to tie it to in-game season.

rushin October 17th, 2006 05:50 PM

Some more options on defining entry/respawn points

* Would be great to select anywhere on scenario to be honest :)
* Be able to specify more than one, so for example kami entry point1, kara point 2, or aris point 1, aniro point 2 – I think you will need this if and when PvP or FvF is available

calel October 17th, 2006 06:33 PM

A placeable vortex of sorts; or anything that could be used to represent a way of travelling that's non-kami or karavan dependant. The way of traveling by means of Ring technology (as in a Ring terminal scenery object without the actual function) would be a nice addition but portals and vortexes may allow us to place more 'natural' pathways.

saberite October 26th, 2006 04:51 PM

What I'd like to see, are options in the editor for tagging items as non-sellable and such.

Let items created in Rings, leave the Rings with the player, but tag them maybe.

When you create a brand new character in Ryzom, you can't sell anything you have, it's all tagged as "can't be sold to merchant", or something like that. Allow us to tag items we make in Rings, to be non-sellable, non-tradable and also unique. This way a player could enter a Ring, come out with some cool stuff maybe, but can't do anything with it except use it until it wears out, then get a replacement.

As long as a piece of armour, say a chest piece, doesn't have +1000hp slapped on it, and can be worn at level 1, and has 500 durability(?) on it, in short the items created are sensible and on par with player levels and difficulty of the scenario, then I can't see how they would affect any kind of balance in the game.

I think the only reason, at least on Arispotle server anyway, that there's hardly any Rings being hosted, is because at the moment a Ring is basically just a showcase of the authors creativity, nothing more. You go on, say "Ooo this is nice, they done a good job in here.", then you leave and go do something that gets you xp, some cash, or an item that you want/need.

Of course, it's nice to have a break from 'the grind' so to speak, and Rings can offer that, it's just atm they don't offer anything else.

raynes October 26th, 2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arfindel
More publicity maybe... somebody yesterday just told me "what a pitty you cannot import your character there and have to make a new one"

Who on Atys is spreading such "folklore". Of course you can go in the Ring with your character, your top gear and all your skills.

And maybe written documentation doesn't help much, MMO community is not a huge reader one, making regular and often CSR events in Ring will indeed show the power of it to most of the players. The rest is mouth to ear information but at least correct info.

Oh my, that is funny if not tragic.

katriell October 28th, 2006 09:58 AM

• An option to rotate scenery objects randomly. Currently, if I place several trees, they're all facing the same direction, thus having a contrived appearance.
  • When giving an animal an activity to Feed or Rest in a zone "for a certain time," it would be extremely nice for that time to be set to something random between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Having a whole herd on exactly the same schedule looks terribly artificial, and setting random times for each is very time-consuming.
  • Make varying sizes of Crolice roots available. I noticed that the same three models are used around Matis Arena, but in different sizes, making it harder to notice that they are in fact the same.
  • Prime Roots environment effects and microlife.
  • All the rest of the environment effects that aren't available in the Ring, i.e. falling petals and falling debris as seen in the forests.

skeith8 November 2nd, 2006 07:23 PM

Hmmmm...

I tinkered around with my version of R2...of course I can only use what they give to trial players...

I liked what I've seen so far, but....one thing in particular.

* I want access to sounds and music files to flesh out my environments and scenes, please. I'm a musical kind of person, who believes that sound effects and BGM plays a crucial part of the realism and enjoyment of RPGs. Maybe you can give us a database of BGS and BGMs to use in our created scenarios, or maybe even allow us to import some sound files into the game for usage.

And just for wishful thinking...

* I'd REALLY REALLY enjoy some advanced character modeling for maximum customization. Say, we can create and import skins for characters and textures for clothing, or even construct a 3-D model, allowing us to make up some of our own races/creatures/parts to go on characters (like custom hair models and whatnot)/whatever. I know this is VERY wishful thinking, but it would add an entire new layer to creating a scenario.

raynes November 2nd, 2006 08:32 PM

More choices for npc clothes and coloring of clothes. More armor and weapons.

The ability to set mob behavior based on season and time of day.

The ability to use preset npc sets (like using a in game tribe set).

Some maps with underground tunnels.

khyle November 3rd, 2006 01:01 AM

I wonder if the Ring wouldn't lend itself perfectly to
  • a "map" of the appartement, if the char has rented/bought one, preferrably via the regular appartement entrance, and including room inventory access. Even better, different appartement floorplans, for an additional fee, from the homin appartement caretaker
  • in the same vein, a "map" of the guild hall, with respective availability restrictions
  • additional rooms for the guild hall which can be rented via the guild appartement caretaker
  • furniture and fluff for the appartement/guild hall
Also, please can we have
  • an object spawner to complement the object despawner, or integrated functionality
  • an option for the AM/designer to disallow compass and/or map per scenario/per act

raynes November 7th, 2006 10:54 PM

I posted this another thread but wanted to add it here:

-NPC talking Gabbai (like that is in the game now)

Other things:

-Ability to have players teleport to other parts of the map when entering a zone
-More building structures (like the ones in the capital cities)
-The ability to disable the player map
-Edge structures
What I mean by this is the ability to block off branches of a map without using some of the scenery objects. In other words to make areas of a map inaccessible to players without the player knowing the area is there.

-Ability to chance the colors of boss mobs
-Ability to have environmental effects move (rolling goo smoke)
-Ability to increase the size of environmental effects (like have good smoke all over a goo covered area)
-Ability to increase the density of smoke and fog
-Ability to add goo spots to ground and to mark them as places where players will get hurt
-Give jungle people access to the pine tree scenario object that you see on goo
-Ability to move pre-placed items on a map (like moving bamboo that is already there).
-Ability to make environmental effects appear (like goo smoke and goo spots)
-Ability to place canopy in the sky
-Canopy maps
-Choice dialogs