Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Wish List
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wish List (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25793)

rushin September 25th, 2006 12:30 AM

Wish List

well someone had to start one :)

1) Kill Missions
the 'bring me an item' doesnt cut it. lets say you are requested to go kill an evil boss and return with its skill/little toe/whatever. Using the item quest when the mob dies a chest can spawn, with loot inside. 's not good.

2) having dialog option to talk to player not just other npc's. this happens in live game.

3) smart tags for dialog, so they can talk to <player_name>, see <team_size>, know <player_sex> and <player_race>

4) ability for mobs/npc's to approach/home in on player

5) ability for mobs/npc's to /follow

6) scenario's to kick off when a certain number of players have entered and block more from coming with full message or similar

aardnebb September 25th, 2006 12:53 AM

Re: Wish List

Multiple editors/game masters working on same scenario (either for collaboration or showing people stuff).

There were a few more, but they are on the future implementation list I think(earning XP cats, players able to set rewards of their own items, permenant Outlands by both players and devs etc.)

So far though it looks great!

sehracii September 25th, 2006 03:22 AM

Working region chat in the scenario. (and /who list)

katriell September 25th, 2006 06:10 AM

- Change a creature's level without having to delete and replace it (losing all its associated events and triggers).

- Copy sequences/activities/events/triggers/etc from one entity to another.

- Instruct entity to:
____ follow
____ attack
____ stand facing
____ sit facing
____ run to
____ walk to
...another specific entity.

- Change season and check/uncheck manual season while inside map.

- Cancel naming of map. Currently once you click Create Location, your only option is to name it and click OK then be automatically and immediately teleported into said map.

- Exit scenario via an in-environment object, in addition to being able to ALT+F4-and-return-to-mainland.

- Fix spelling and grammar errors, like the message that is displayed when clicking Reset Editor when logging into a character that was in the editor previously: "Are your really Sure?" should be "Are you really sure?" On a related note, change the tell sent by an invite request to say "Request for invite" instead of "Ask for invite." Also, wrap the auto-tell messages in brackets just in case the players involved are roleplayers.

- Spawning and despawning items.

- Choose what kind of object the "item chest" is represented by. For example, it seems inappropriate to have a fancy decorative chest contain...firewine bottles. How about a regular crate? Or allow any object to dispense items...like fruit from a tree, or drinks from a desk, or generic supplies from a hut.

- Player able run multiple Masterless scenarios at once simply by being online; not having to be in any of them. What if someone made a bunch of scenarios purely for exploration, but people who like that sort of thing can only enjoy one at a time, and only the one the creator chooses to be in at the time?

- Option to turn off "AM's superspeed," especially while possessing an entity in a Mastered scenario.

- Simple building components like floors, walls, ceilings, ramps, stairs, etc.

- Group creatures with homins. Obviously, one shouldn't be able to group kitins with homins, but other animals would be nice.

- Mektoub packer and mount entities.

- Instruct an animal to simply wander a zone, and maybe specify the activities it is allowed to do randomly in that zone (such as sleeping and eating).

grimjim September 25th, 2006 08:29 AM

Animals to follow patrol routes.
More set decoration (trees etc) or set decoration allowance per act.
Vonversation trees/click to continue.

On top of the above.

blaah September 25th, 2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
- Cancel naming of map. Currently once you click Create Location, your only option is to name it and click OK then be automatically and immediately teleported into said map.

untill they add Cancel button, you can just press ESC on your keyboard.

raynes September 25th, 2006 05:42 PM

-100 objects and 100 entities per act/map!
-a live test area
-the ability to have players take story items out of scenario into another scenario
-the ability to have the game remember if a player did a scenario (having the ability to have a check when a person enters a scenrio that they have already done one).
-spawning and despawning of buildings
-the ability to upload a scenario where you don't have to be present.
-talking animals and kitin
-ability to edit the way a map is shown to the player (like if you block off an area, you can specify they don't see it)

archaege September 25th, 2006 05:45 PM

- A scripting language. Don't make it required, let it be an enhancement for those who wish to use it.
- Right click and see/change more properties of objects.
- Persistence over different scenarios so you can build on previous things over previous days of play

sidusar September 25th, 2006 06:27 PM

Anything wrong with this thread? :p

I believe most of the things I'd wish for have been already mentioned in either that thread or this one.

What I wish for most is to get rid of all those build-in restrictions. Let me put heavy armor on a civillian, group him with a kizarak and a kami, tell the three of them to attack any psykopla on sight, and set their aggro range to 200 meter, if that's what I want.

As for that not being consistent with the real Atys, neither is a karavan spreading the word of Ma-Duk, and I could make that if I wanted to. Making sure the scenario is consistent with the lore is a task for the AM, not for the editor.

Even if they've already been mentioned, the other wishes that are on the top of my list:
- Ability to (de)spawn objects.
- Region chat and /who command.
- Ability to have a scenario running without being present in it yourself. Doesn't have to be more than one scenario at once, if you're worried about the Ring terminals getting swamped, but at least let us keep one scenario running while our character is elsewhere on Atys.
- Swirly portals, cave entrances and the like to add the suggestion there's more out there. It feels odd to be in an enclosed area with no physical way in or out.

Mostly all the suggestions mentioned thus far are good ones, and I eventually want them all, but these are the ones I'd most like to see.

grimjim September 25th, 2006 07:15 PM

Ability to take a harmless 'trophy' item OUT of The Ring to the mainland.

F'rex, we want to use one of them to do guild trials. Being able to take a 'medal' out of the ring to show a guild member that they have passed would be helpful, plus it would be nice to have little rewards for people to remember scenarios or battles.

rushin September 25th, 2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Anything wrong with this thread? :p

nothing, but they are totally different topics :p lots of the suggestions so far here havent been Ryzom objects at all :) I did read that but thought it good to have a catch all.

sidusar September 25th, 2006 09:16 PM

Truetrue, this topic is broader. I just wanted to point that thread out because it also has a bunch of good suggestions in it :)

More wishes that I just remembered:

- Ability to see if someone's online even if they're in the Ring.

- Trigger condition: "If player comes within X meter of entity."
The zone trigger isn't always convenient to use. For example, you can't pull the vertices of the zone all the way to the wall. Since sneaking past the wall is normal player behavior, a player could easily sneak right past the zone without triggering it. Also, you could want to trigger an event if a player approaches a wandering NPC. You can't do that with a static zone trigger.

rushin September 26th, 2006 10:48 AM

second the scripting language, but failing that at least some global variables

an OnEnter event for players coming so we could bring them up to speed on an in progress scenario, send a npc to meet, etc

be able to send players a tell, not as AM but through an event

a simplistic off line editor would be nice, 2d map, ability to edit dialogs, events, etc

sidusar September 27th, 2006 02:23 PM

Don't think I've seen it yet:
- Let me see a list of all my events, rather than only filtered by entity. If I find that I've placed an event on the wrong entity, I then have to search every entity one by one to find out where it is.

raynes September 27th, 2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Don't think I've seen it yet:
- Let me see a list of all my events, rather than only filtered by entity. If I find that I've placed an event on the wrong entity, I then have to search every entity one by one to find out where it is.

I agree with this. And the ability to arrange them in order. Better yet how about the game produce a branch tree showing you the order of events.

sx4rlet September 27th, 2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynes
And the ability to arrange them in order. Better yet how about the game produce a branch tree showing you the order of events.

YES !!! *please please please*
this can be very usefull!

rushin September 28th, 2006 01:28 AM

dialog emotes aimed at creatures

implementation of /random with a view to using in events (ie a switch() construct)

setting of respawn timer

more involved dialog options. multiple choice.

changing the order of sequences/acts/dialogs not just the order of actions within a sequence.

a long term one maybe, but having info about mob health levels (e.g. timer kicks off with a boss fight, if its hp is less than 50% at 2 mins its too easy so i want to spawn a second boss)

water is currently unselectable in paths, how come? everything can swim afaik

i have a mob in a sequence where it follows a route. if its interuppted (by a player attack say) after the attack is dealt with it breaks off the sequence and returns to its start position and begins sequence from start. Erm, thats not very clear but would be nice to continue from where it was or have an option to do that or return to start.

I could go on all night, but sleep better. having lots of fun :)

dlice September 29th, 2006 04:06 AM

could suggest a lot of small things i miss, but that would be a long list.
Mostly some enhancments to the "scripting".

So i just post the major imrovement id like to see.

Please find a way to reduce upload times of scenarios, im just starting and its nothing much in, and it upload up to 45 seconds already (checked bandwidth and the maximum i saw was 3-4kb/sec)

well hope this can be improved.

gillest October 2nd, 2006 12:23 PM

- Working Friend list

- Barriers not counting as one Entity or been extendable or grouped.

- Mobs-Npc Hunting-Rest zones linked to the NPC to select if they are permanent or not.

- Separate the Action budget from the entity budget (100 of each pls:))

- I second loading time request: 3 acts take more than 5 minutes to upload: very annoying when u swicth from edit to test 50 times to correct few bugs (or have ability to test only one act and not upload the full scenario).

rushin October 5th, 2006 01:16 AM

a Kitin Patrol fauna system, pretty please :D (or just patrol kirosta mob with the aggro range that they had)

ability to set the repawn points where we want to on scenario creation

the pr maps are a bit lacking in landscape's that we have in the mainland pr, caves i really miss not having (like yelkoo's), hills like the amber area to the south of Najakoo (Najkoo?) in ToT, narrower tunnels would be nice also :)

as suggested by a guildie an ability to measure things would be great for mob placement, and maybe a circlular shading showing aggro range of currently selected mob.

grimjim October 5th, 2006 08:15 AM

100 scenery per act.
Fix the tell window bug that came in with R2.
GM to have compass and target window available.
The Ring rewards? (crystals)

cloudy97 October 5th, 2006 03:54 PM

I like the Scenery Object Interaction but want to boost it a little by letting it start "Give/Request Item Task Step"-missions.

Example 1: The adventurers finds a fragment of a map in a tent of a deserted camp, and need to find two more pieces until they can find the place marked on the map.

Example 2: A camp is on fire and the adventurers need to extinguish it using water from a pond. Clicking on a water bucket near the pond starts the mission and "delivering" it to the fires ends the water.

(Both these missions can easily be done for solo adventures with the existing tools, but can get mixed up with multiple players)

kokunze October 5th, 2006 04:53 PM

My wishes:

- getting rid of the "tell-bug"!

- improve stability of the ring! (It seams to crash at least one time, everytime i host a scenario)

- more detailled zone queries. (how much and what kind of objects are inside a zone) for Ex. "If zone XY has n / more than n / less than n players / npcs / mobs, then ..."

- logical conjunctions (AND, OR, NOT), for Ex.: "If XY OR YZ, then ...", "If XY AND NOT YZ, then ..."

- the ability of create real items like weapons, armor, jewels, etc and define their Abilities. BUT if a player leaves the scenario these special items must be lost. They shall be only for the scenario itself, where they are created.

- Replace Objects and Groups without having to rewrite all the sequenzes and events, connected to it.

- Counters and basic maths. (means a counter object, +, -, *, /, =, <, >, !=) for Ex.: "If ... then increase counter XY by 1", "If counter XY > 5 then ..."

- Quests for every single player. So that the quest can be done by each player exactly one time.

- Possibilities to differ between events concerning all players and events concerning only a special player.

- Queries about positions of NPC's, means: "Is NPC XY inside zone YZ, then..."

- More detailled commands for npc's / mobs, for Ex.: "If ... then attack YZ!"

- more interaction possibilities between adventure master and players. (healing, directly damaging or teleporting players)

grimjim October 6th, 2006 02:12 PM

Please make it so we can fight the Kami/Karavan again please, or have them clobber each other. It would be much appreciated, particularly for machinama.

cloudy97 October 7th, 2006 03:54 PM

One more vote for the ability to Spawn Object (especially Environment Effects)

grimjim October 7th, 2006 03:58 PM

The other micro environment effects from particular lands. (Zorai ghosts etc).

Compass in AM mode.

Control Creature - Speak. Boxes to close once you stop using speech through that critter.

therius October 9th, 2006 07:25 PM

I do hope that they implement some type of reward system, whether this be from monster drops of their normal variety, or even an item creation system that allows the making, or even the placing of pre made items that are appropriate to level. Even if, say, you were allowed to make new items. One could craft a sword for example. This new sword could be limited so as not to create rediculousness by things such as making it useable only by an individual who has a skill level appropriate to the level of the sword. For example, if the sword is a two hand verison, and it is 200q, and created in an instance where the mission level is 200, the player who recieves the award would not be able to nuse it unless they had a two hand fighting skill of 190 or so. Also, only allow the creation and oplacement of items relative to the mission level. No 250q items in a lvl 50 ring for example. Another way to add to this would be to make the items from the ring rewards, other than normal mats of course, untradeable. Just a small wish, but one that i think could add a near endless amount of flavor to the world.
Be safe Atys,
Zeeby

arfindel October 14th, 2006 01:48 PM

More publicity maybe... somebody yesterday just told me "what a pitty you cannot import your character there and have to make a new one"

Who on Atys is spreading such "folklore". Of course you can go in the Ring with your character, your top gear and all your skills.

And maybe written documentation doesn't help much, MMO community is not a huge reader one, making regular and often CSR events in Ring will indeed show the power of it to most of the players. The rest is mouth to ear information but at least correct info.

meloner October 15th, 2006 10:08 PM

-Friend list shows all offline ....Instead of waiting for hours till someone decides to show up id like to actually invite my friends by sending pm's to them.

-been said before but a reward system would be just great ! !
-cut throats with guns :)
-choice of black and white armor color for npc's over lvl 200
-waving/burning/living/electric weapons for warriors/armsmen/guards etc over lvl 200

latius October 16th, 2006 08:24 AM

I'd like more control over the graphics/environmental aspects. For instance:

-property-level control over the weather, with the ability to cue masterless weather changes (for dramatic effect, for instance - well placed rainstorms and what not would be very nice)

-ability to change the ambient color for dramatic effect

-access to sounds, allowing for another layer of detail

For Ring to succeed it's going to need to allow user's - of all skill levels - to produce -original- work that has a clear and distinctive feel. By adding in the above cinematic elements (and others, I'm sure :D) you not only allow people the freedom of their own arrangement of models, dialogues and sequences, you allow them to shape it with more artistic control. The interface and logic already lend themselves to a cinematic approach - we even use the term: "acts."

An example of this use would be, as mentioned above, control over ambient lighting. A red hue during a climactic battle or when a good tribal chief dies when his son poisons him. Adventurers are standing in a small, twisted forest grove as a storm kicks in, a strange darkness settling and the sounds of predators - unseen - all around them. There may even be some success in making it a visceral experience and allowing for a tremendous diversity in finished works. Signature styles would develop, and you have a truly groundbreaking system.

I find the scenario construction to be very versatile. Using the activate/deactivate events you can even build logic into it, allowing for some pretty complex interactions between the NPCs and the environments. I just hope a little more thought is put into allowing people to not only prepare the actors, but to set the stage as well.

grimjim October 16th, 2006 08:43 AM

Changing the season of existing scenarios. Not in play - necessarily - but for Guild villages/towns etc it'd be a nice feature - or being able to tie it to in-game season.

rushin October 17th, 2006 05:50 PM

Some more options on defining entry/respawn points

* Would be great to select anywhere on scenario to be honest :)
* Be able to specify more than one, so for example kami entry point1, kara point 2, or aris point 1, aniro point 2 – I think you will need this if and when PvP or FvF is available

calel October 17th, 2006 06:33 PM

A placeable vortex of sorts; or anything that could be used to represent a way of travelling that's non-kami or karavan dependant. The way of traveling by means of Ring technology (as in a Ring terminal scenery object without the actual function) would be a nice addition but portals and vortexes may allow us to place more 'natural' pathways.

saberite October 26th, 2006 04:51 PM

What I'd like to see, are options in the editor for tagging items as non-sellable and such.

Let items created in Rings, leave the Rings with the player, but tag them maybe.

When you create a brand new character in Ryzom, you can't sell anything you have, it's all tagged as "can't be sold to merchant", or something like that. Allow us to tag items we make in Rings, to be non-sellable, non-tradable and also unique. This way a player could enter a Ring, come out with some cool stuff maybe, but can't do anything with it except use it until it wears out, then get a replacement.

As long as a piece of armour, say a chest piece, doesn't have +1000hp slapped on it, and can be worn at level 1, and has 500 durability(?) on it, in short the items created are sensible and on par with player levels and difficulty of the scenario, then I can't see how they would affect any kind of balance in the game.

I think the only reason, at least on Arispotle server anyway, that there's hardly any Rings being hosted, is because at the moment a Ring is basically just a showcase of the authors creativity, nothing more. You go on, say "Ooo this is nice, they done a good job in here.", then you leave and go do something that gets you xp, some cash, or an item that you want/need.

Of course, it's nice to have a break from 'the grind' so to speak, and Rings can offer that, it's just atm they don't offer anything else.

raynes October 26th, 2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arfindel
More publicity maybe... somebody yesterday just told me "what a pitty you cannot import your character there and have to make a new one"

Who on Atys is spreading such "folklore". Of course you can go in the Ring with your character, your top gear and all your skills.

And maybe written documentation doesn't help much, MMO community is not a huge reader one, making regular and often CSR events in Ring will indeed show the power of it to most of the players. The rest is mouth to ear information but at least correct info.

Oh my, that is funny if not tragic.

katriell October 28th, 2006 09:58 AM

• An option to rotate scenery objects randomly. Currently, if I place several trees, they're all facing the same direction, thus having a contrived appearance.
  • When giving an animal an activity to Feed or Rest in a zone "for a certain time," it would be extremely nice for that time to be set to something random between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Having a whole herd on exactly the same schedule looks terribly artificial, and setting random times for each is very time-consuming.
  • Make varying sizes of Crolice roots available. I noticed that the same three models are used around Matis Arena, but in different sizes, making it harder to notice that they are in fact the same.
  • Prime Roots environment effects and microlife.
  • All the rest of the environment effects that aren't available in the Ring, i.e. falling petals and falling debris as seen in the forests.

skeith8 November 2nd, 2006 07:23 PM

Hmmmm...

I tinkered around with my version of R2...of course I can only use what they give to trial players...

I liked what I've seen so far, but....one thing in particular.

* I want access to sounds and music files to flesh out my environments and scenes, please. I'm a musical kind of person, who believes that sound effects and BGM plays a crucial part of the realism and enjoyment of RPGs. Maybe you can give us a database of BGS and BGMs to use in our created scenarios, or maybe even allow us to import some sound files into the game for usage.

And just for wishful thinking...

* I'd REALLY REALLY enjoy some advanced character modeling for maximum customization. Say, we can create and import skins for characters and textures for clothing, or even construct a 3-D model, allowing us to make up some of our own races/creatures/parts to go on characters (like custom hair models and whatnot)/whatever. I know this is VERY wishful thinking, but it would add an entire new layer to creating a scenario.

raynes November 2nd, 2006 08:32 PM

More choices for npc clothes and coloring of clothes. More armor and weapons.

The ability to set mob behavior based on season and time of day.

The ability to use preset npc sets (like using a in game tribe set).

Some maps with underground tunnels.

khyle November 3rd, 2006 01:01 AM

I wonder if the Ring wouldn't lend itself perfectly to
  • a "map" of the appartement, if the char has rented/bought one, preferrably via the regular appartement entrance, and including room inventory access. Even better, different appartement floorplans, for an additional fee, from the homin appartement caretaker
  • in the same vein, a "map" of the guild hall, with respective availability restrictions
  • additional rooms for the guild hall which can be rented via the guild appartement caretaker
  • furniture and fluff for the appartement/guild hall
Also, please can we have
  • an object spawner to complement the object despawner, or integrated functionality
  • an option for the AM/designer to disallow compass and/or map per scenario/per act

raynes November 7th, 2006 10:54 PM

I posted this another thread but wanted to add it here:

-NPC talking Gabbai (like that is in the game now)

Other things:

-Ability to have players teleport to other parts of the map when entering a zone
-More building structures (like the ones in the capital cities)
-The ability to disable the player map
-Edge structures
What I mean by this is the ability to block off branches of a map without using some of the scenery objects. In other words to make areas of a map inaccessible to players without the player knowing the area is there.

-Ability to chance the colors of boss mobs
-Ability to have environmental effects move (rolling goo smoke)
-Ability to increase the size of environmental effects (like have good smoke all over a goo covered area)
-Ability to increase the density of smoke and fog
-Ability to add goo spots to ground and to mark them as places where players will get hurt
-Give jungle people access to the pine tree scenario object that you see on goo
-Ability to move pre-placed items on a map (like moving bamboo that is already there).
-Ability to make environmental effects appear (like goo smoke and goo spots)
-Ability to place canopy in the sky
-Canopy maps
-Choice dialogs

zangan November 10th, 2006 03:46 AM

Special effects.

For instance, in my scenerio you can obtain special orbs and you place these orbs on special holder to help you out. Here:

"Place the Orb of Electricity on Holder 1 to unleash a storm of lightning and destroy the bandits." Its something along those lines, but when I do this, all I can do is set the bandits to die..makes it really rather artificial. Being able to set a flash of lightning to hit would make it so awesome..

Yeah..thats something I want, I think it could give some story-telling/lore scenerios a little spark.:D

kipestia November 20th, 2006 06:56 PM

someone mentioned 3D modelling. while it would be nice, I don't think the system is set up for unique models. although it still would be nice to be able to create things that Nevrax could consider putting into the game.

in a similar subject, I want to be able to 3D model the maps, play with the existing textures, etc.

nephy13 November 28th, 2006 02:46 PM

First of all, I'd like to thank the developers who brought us the Ring. It is great to have this sort of innovative feature in an MMORPG. I also don't expect it to be as good/versatile as the Neverwinter Nights 2 editor (even having things like a scripting language), since that is quite a different kettle of fish. I do, however, have a number of general and specific requests:

Features inside the Ring Editor
Most other people have concentrated their suggestions in this field, so I won't add much more:
  • See the respawn point (as an undeletable entity) in the editor in addition to seeing which way incoming characters will be facing. Once you move yourself in the editor, you have no idea where the spawn point is. Being able to rotate and/or move the spawn-point in th editor would be even better. I still think that it would be fine, when first creating a new act, to have a number of specific spawn points suggested by the editor, as long as you can move it afterwards.
  • Special effects for spawning and despawning. Does the creature appear in a puff of smoke (This could be done when we can spawn/despawn environmental effects and get a few more effects)? Does it rise out of the ground or fall from the sky? Does it shimmer into view?
  • Having drops in corpses (like we would expect) rather than in magically appearing chests.
  • Being able to test whether a character actually has a mission object in their inventory. Example: I give a player a magic amulet which protects her from all harm (or whatever). I can't tell which player has or has not got an amulet, or indeed if they have destroyed or traded the amulet that they have gained.
  • I can force daylight so I can see while editing, but I can't force darkness/twilight to see what my world looks like for people playing at different times of the day.
Features inside the Ring when playing
  • I'd like to be able to bring up a window that shows me what scenario I'm in, who wrote it, and what the access requirements are. Example: I've entered a random scenario from the terminal to try it out. I want to write down the name of the author now that I've seen that the scenario is good, but I've forgotten that too and I don't want to leave just to find that out. It is so good that I want to invite some people in to join me, but I've also forgotten what the scenario is called. Additionally, if a friend that I want to join me is of a different race/faction/level/shard to me, they might be barred from entering when they get to the terminal anyway (And I have no way of knowing this until they actually drop what they are doing and run to a terminal).
  • The host (as AM or player), or perhaps all players in the Ring, should be notified when someone enters or leaves the scenario.
On the mainland
I believe we have a chicken-and-egg situation here. Noone looks in the terminals for scenarios because there are few (if any) being hosted. Noone takes the enormous effort to host because they know that noone will bother looking in terminals on the off-chance that someone is running a scenario. We could advertise in Universe, but only before we start a new scenario and we are risking breaking the "Q&A rule" on Universe channel (Universe is also not cross-shard).
  • Please allow players to bring up a Ring scenarios listing window anywhere in Atys, even if they still have to go to a ring terminal to enter a scenario.
  • Ring terminals near every teleporter, not just in capital cities.
  • Getting optional notification of newly hosted scenarios, assuming they conform to the filter settings you set (see next point).
  • Filter settings at the ring terminal (currently, there is a scenario "filter" button on some of the HTML pages, such as that you receive on steles and statues, so the functionality is already in the game, it is just being shown on the wrong windows!). Filtering will be important when people are "allowed" to host scenarios without having to jump through hoops.
Hosting scenarios
We desperately need a better way to host ring sessions or we are never going to get anywhere at all. The auto-invite function helped a lot, but we are still having to jump through hoops to get our content online to improve your game! e.g.
  • Host one or more masterless session (possibly tied to your alternate characters) and still be able to edit or play. Being able to host more than one scenario could be a function of your ring ratings, in order to prevent casual developers churning out a large number of poorly thought out scenarios. Realistically, unless we allow people to host more than one scenario at once, we are going to force the serious developers to make a single enormous scenario (with a LOT of acts) rather than a number of short or medium sized scenarios.
  • Be able to leave one or more masterless sessions running (for, say, 24 or 72 hours) without needing to be connected. This would be optional, since some people wouldn't necessarily want to leave sessions running. Currently, I need to leave my computer on to upload a single file once. I don't even host the file, the game servers do - I'm just using a whole computer to prove that I am still connected which is a complete waste of resources (both the PC and the electricity it is burning).
General requests for the team developing the Ring
  • I think that the Ring development team should decide (and declare) to which of two audiences they want to focus. Either to serious modders (who will make compelling content which is a lot more interesting than the mainland's "grind content") or to casual modders (who will make shallow scenarios, which are fine in themselves, but that are really no different than the mainland content). In my opinion, the former drastically expands the horizons of the world of Ryzom whilst the latter gives players another timesink (as casual modders). Releasing a more general Ring roadmap too, would help us modders plan ahead with what we would like to develop.
  • Please focus on developing primitive editor entities and functions before more macros. Macros are fine for unskilled developers who want to impress their friends with the minimum of effort, but skilled developers can make them in a couple of clicks from existing primitives (e.g. ambush is zone trigger + creature(unclick autospawn) + event: spawn creature when player enters zone). However skilled you are, you can't add new primitive behaviour if it isn't already there. Once a large proportion of the planned primitives are available, then, and only then, should you be making macros to make the Ring more accessible. If you want to, create a document that explains how to make more complex actions like ambush until there is plenty of time to create and test these macros (I assume that creating a macro is relatively simple for you, but it still needs to be tested nearly as thoroughly as a new primitive).
  • The Ring editor can already make pretty nice scenarios. They could be a lot better, but they are already at a stage when they can be made interesting enough to play. Please then, for the time being at least, concentrate on the issues that will help people host and find out about scenarios. The best scenario in the world is useless if noone is hosting it and/or noone knows that they can play it.

nephy13 November 29th, 2006 06:58 PM

I'd like to be able to bring up a description of a scenery object (such as the writing on the base of a statue) in a pop-up window. Since this is usually done in-game by showing a HTML page from ryzom.com, I can see that this may be impossible to implement for the Ring.

zangan November 30th, 2006 12:07 AM

Some great ideas and coments Nephy, and many of those would make the Ring much more accessable.

This occured as an after thought. You are on the Cho server so possibly the few people trying to get to Ring could be because there is such a low population? Probably not the root of the problem, but I think it adds to it.

nephy13 November 30th, 2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan
Some great ideas and coments Nephy, and many of those would make the Ring much more accessable.

This occured as an after thought. You are on the Cho server so possibly the few people trying to get to Ring could be because there is such a low population? Probably not the root of the problem, but I think it adds to it.

This is true. Since everyone on Cho is currently madly grinding levels, they will be less interested in the Ring than more jaded players on the other servers (at least until Ring points are enabled). I also don't know how many people are not inviting Cho people to scenarios on other servers, so that may also be making the Ring seem even less used from my perspective (though I do see very occassional scenarios from people off-Cho, I've not been aware of any run from Cho except yours (Zangan) and mine (and events team things)). Nevertheless, it does seem to me that you have to unreasonably jump through hoops to host a scenario or even to find out if one is running. Nevertheless, I have high hopes that the Ring will genuinely be the pivotal element of Saga of Ryzom before too long...

nephy13 December 16th, 2006 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nephy13
Please allow players to bring up a Ring scenarios listing window anywhere in Atys, even if they still have to go to a ring terminal to enter a scenario.

OK, I take that one back since I found out you can bring up a Ring terminal window anywhere to view, join or host ring scenarios, with:
/ah show_hide ring_sessions
And yes, you can use it while actually inside a Ring scenario (to see what else is running and presumably so you can swap scenarios without having to return to the mainland, though I wasn't able to test that).

Can I replace my original request, then, for some more documention for already-implemented functionality please - hehe!

frakel April 10th, 2007 12:03 PM

First I would like to stress what a powerfull tool the ring is. Now that I have more experience in making and running scenarios I can hardly get my arms down! This is an amazing tool.

As for wishes, Nephy says most of it in post #43. I can only second that.

But in addition I would like for some more stability in the ring. When launching a scenario, when new players enter or simply when the act changes, I usually loose a player or two due to the ring kicking them out. Usually they can relog into the ring. But it is an annoyance - though a minor one.

frakel April 11th, 2007 03:29 PM

Some more wishes:

() Environmental triggers and conditions: i.e.
- when time of day is night then...
- when season is winter then...
- when weather is sap storm then...
This allow us to make a village more busy at day, to have extra guards come out at night, have herbivores eat at day and rest at night, predators vice versa, make animal migration patters like the one seen on manland... etc.

() The ability to unclick ´manual season´ for a location. It is SO annoying that now when I have completed my grand scenario, several acts and everything, one location is forever stuck in summer season. This ought to be easy to implement. EDIT: Ok, I found a workaround for the season change, but we still need a way to automatically link scenario season to mainland season.

() Goo infected plants, savages and creatures EDIT: found these... just had to look for them another place in the editor than where I expected.
Goo damage - perhabs in the form of an area you mark and designate as goo field - or more simply incorporated into the few maps that allready has goo fields.

() Multiple choice dialogues. (previously mentioned, but anyways...). This is a MUST for making good masterless scenarios!

But most of all.... Dear developers... DONT ABANDON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE RING!
This thread holds so many good ideas for improvements to the ring. Some of these may be time consuming to implement, but others seem a lot more easy to simply add to the existing mechanics. Give us a roadmap for the development of the ring. Let us know that you are actually still working on this.

jable May 19th, 2007 02:35 AM

An option to make objects like the Hall of fame, flame of justice etc. non-targetable by players.

A time/point high-score thing.