Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Diff between "Activated" and "start script"
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Diff between "Activated" and "start script" (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=25907)

gillest September 29th, 2006 11:27 AM

Diff between "Activated" and "start script"

I am having some trouble with dialogues which start when they are not supposed to...

Mainly they start as soon as I am in Game Master mode when clicking test and even tho they are supposed to start at following condition:

Dialogue 1: start when NPC targeted by player and cut throat group is alive
Dialogue 2: start when NPC targeted by player and cut throat group is dead

Wish that was that easy tho lol: they seem to start as from test and do not work after when I click on NPC..... (used to before patch)

I am thinking this might be due to my "not so good" understanding of the :
*Activated
* Start script...

Anyone got any light on difference between those?
(and I am not talking yet about nightmare to have Kitin invasion group spawning after dialogue 4 is started lol)

rushin September 29th, 2006 11:38 AM

Re: Diff between "Activated" and "start script"

you've checked the autostart isnt ticked in the dialog property?

gillest September 29th, 2006 11:49 AM

:)

the "autowhat"? :)

That could have been my next question :)
/self target
/slap

Edit: Ok, unticketed autostart but now, dialogue doesnt even start when I target NPC..
Edit 2: had to redo all dialogue condition, now it's working ...

dlice September 30th, 2006 10:39 AM

i always use, start at step #x function.

activated..

think that is triggered when the item is changed from inactive (disabled) to active (enabled).

start script starts the script from the beginning taking its active.

so if you put an event on a inactive dialog (start script on activation event) it should start automaticly when its activated, autostarting sorta, with the difference it starts when when you want it.