Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Scenario Creation Q&A
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Scenario Creation Q&A (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26057)

calebrie October 5th, 2006 12:25 AM

Scenario Creation Q&A

Hey guys. I have created this thread as a sort of Q&A database for Scenario creation related questions. For example if someone wants to ask "How do I make an NPC follow a path?", and someone thinks they can answer feel free to post.

I shall try to link to valuable Q&A posts from on and off this thread in post 2 below.

Remember, theres no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to the Ring. Some people pick it up from the start, some people will start and not have a clue. So don't be afraid to ask :)

-Cale

calebrie October 5th, 2006 12:25 AM

Re: Scenario Creating Q&A

Good answers to Questions:

-

Please post below

-Cale

raynes November 16th, 2006 11:02 PM

Re: Scenario Creation Q&A

If a scenario is running and is in act 2, if someone joins do they start in act 2?

zangan November 16th, 2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynes
If a scenario is running and is in act 2, if someone joins do they start in act 2?

I would assume so. But I could be wrong. It would make it awefully confusing to make them join act 1 while there are people in say act 3 and 5 or something...

Would also like a definitive answer on this!

calel November 17th, 2006 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynes

Players will join in in act 2 alright. Ring scenarios aren't personal instances but stick to the outlaid course once someone 'acts' and triggers. Those that enter halfway the film won't catch the intro credits either.

It is entirely possible however to create an automatic (on condition or time) reset-trigger next to the available Ringmaster Act-trigger.

Those that enter halfway have no other choice but to hope on a reset I'm afraid.

zangan November 22nd, 2006 05:03 AM

Yes, heres my solution. I have my main scenerio, and then I have another act that recieves players. I have each act set to like a 30 minute timer to return to the recieving act. The recieving act is like "go kill a yubo to visit Kami Camp". Very simple, but it allows a reset if there is no one in the scenerio and if people abandon mid scenerio, it will auto reset too.

This works for auto-invite, not really useful for AM watching over their victims.

seawe December 4th, 2006 04:38 AM

can i put up a scenario and still play on mainland while its up? if so how?

calel December 4th, 2006 01:37 PM

I'm afraid you still can't Seawe, however it is perfectly possible to send it over to a second account if you have any, or to a friend who can host it.

norvic December 7th, 2006 04:36 PM

I am thinking of doing same and have extra acc for that purpose but atm it cant host anything I write with Crythos because that toon doesnt have the same "knowledge of Atys" somthing I am working on.

nephy13 December 14th, 2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norvic
I am thinking of doing same and have extra acc for that purpose but atm it cant host anything I write with Crythos because that toon doesnt have the same "knowledge of Atys" somthing I am working on.

You can't enter the editor and run the scenario from there if you lack Knowledge, but any character can host any scenario as a "New Destination" from a Ring terminal.