Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - spawning objects?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   spawning objects? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26398)

seawe October 16th, 2006 04:05 AM

spawning objects?

ok so i figured out how to make scenery objects disappear by way of clicking on another object. But now the question is how do i make it reappear again? or how to make a different object appear, when that one disapears? :/

sx4rlet October 16th, 2006 06:42 PM

Re: spawning objects?

Didnt know you could spawn objects..

but i think you need to make a second trigger / event to de-spawn it again.

cloudy97 October 16th, 2006 06:51 PM

Nope, you can't spawn scenery objects. Not even by dividing the scenario in acts (which I hoped would work).

zangan October 17th, 2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudy97
Nope, you can't spawn scenery objects. Not even by dividing the scenario in acts (which I hoped would work).

NO!!

*crosses of another idea*

Was going to create a labyrinth with spawning dead-ends and fenses around people as they walked through..hmm..

Guess I'll just have to go back to ammbushes...

Would love spawning scenery..

sx4rlet October 17th, 2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan

I assume Ulani put it on the wish-list already ;)

seawe October 22nd, 2006 11:02 PM

so the 'activate' 'deactivate' options with 'object remover' don't work really? it works fine with the trigger option :) but i was so hoping to spawn another object in its place :(

ravekn July 14th, 2007 06:35 AM

YES!!!
Please please PLEASE enable item/scenery spawning!

nbrsix October 22nd, 2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan
NO!!

Was going to create a labyrinth with spawning dead-ends and fenses around people as they walked through..hmm..

Guess I'll just have to go back to ammbushes...

Have you tried creating a zone when a char steps into it the fence or wall appears? Then you have to create another zone or trigger or just have the char bash it as you do to open a chest/crate.

Just an idea.... only dabbled in creating a senerio and need all the tips I can get myself.

kaetemi October 22nd, 2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seawe
so the 'activate' 'deactivate' options with 'object remover' don't work really?

activate and deactivate are for the object remover component, not for the object.
it's possible though, but i can't tell you how ;)

seawe October 28th, 2007 12:48 AM

what is it with all these secrets kaetemi? ;)

kaetemi October 28th, 2007 12:50 AM

well, it's not my fault that [ Removed breach of CoC - Boroshi ] is a secret

seawe October 28th, 2007 08:05 AM

hehehe lol hacker extrordinare

xtarsia October 28th, 2007 04:06 PM

I find it rather disgusting, that even during the current "crisis" its found needed to enforce such idiotic things.

Since when has "Freedom to the players" ever been true?

With something like the ring enabling own content, why prohibit ppl from doing what IS allowed?

perhaps learn a little more before spamming breach of CoC.
(and dishing out 'things')

Try checking \user of the ryzom dir and reading the readme.txt

How about i Quote it. (maybe thats breach of CoC too?)

This directory is for use for adding one's own ring-related files.
The examples in the examples directory can be copied here and modified.

I have a few little additions that enable me to pull off certain things in the ring that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

one of them is contextual menus on npcs.

a very basic and simple feature that is omitted from the "standard" ring.

and yet, in black and white i am told, by the game files themselves, that i CAN add my own ring-related files, copy and modify the examples in the examples directory and presumably, use things that are created from scratch too.

or am i wrong?

you (and whoever else) are simply alienating players that are trying to make the best of a broken feature, quite possibly for the benefit of other players, and indirectly the benefit of the game, by making new content for others to enjoy.

I wanted to host an event, however due to bugs couldn't..

khyle October 28th, 2007 07:12 PM

Heavy-handed forum moderation

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtarsia
I find it rather disgusting, that even during the current "crisis" its found needed to enforce such idiotic things.

Since when has "Freedom to the players" ever been true?

With something like the ring enabling own content, why prohibit ppl from doing what IS allowed?

perhaps learn a little more before spamming breach of CoC.
(and dishing out 'things')

Try checking \user of the ryzom dir and reading the readme.txt

How about i Quote it. (maybe thats breach of CoC too?)

This directory is for use for adding one's own ring-related files.
The examples in the examples directory can be copied here and modified.

I have a few little additions that enable me to pull off certain things in the ring that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

one of them is contextual menus on npcs.

a very basic and simple feature that is omitted from the "standard" ring.

and yet, in black and white i am told, by the game files themselves, that i CAN add my own ring-related files, copy and modify the examples in the examples directory and presumably, use things that are created from scratch too.

or am i wrong?

you (and whoever else) are simply alienating players that are trying to make the best of a broken feature, quite possibly for the benefit of other players, and indirectly the benefit of the game, by making new content for others to enjoy.

I wanted to host an event, however due to bugs couldn't..

Not sure who you are addressing, I haven't found a single quotation of the CoC in this thread, and if you are referring to seawe, to some the term "hackers" still has its original, positive connotation...

Lighten up a little ;)

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't see Boroshi's edit, in this case, I second everything you said :mad:

boroshi October 28th, 2007 08:09 PM

To clarify:

The Ryzom Ring tools are designed to allow players to implement certain functions themselves. Those functions that have been fully tested and approved are enabled in the Ring software, and all others are disabled. The CoC and EULA prohibit players from editing files themselves, and have priority if ever apparently contradicted by the game files themselves.

As previously stated, the CoC and EULA are still in full effect, and will continue to be.

ringwiki October 28th, 2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boroshi
The Ryzom Ring tools are designed to allow players to implement certain functions themselves.

Yes, they are indeed.

Quote:

Those functions that have been fully tested and approved are enabled in the Ring software, and all others are disabled.

Well, if they work, they don't really seem to be disabled, do they? They're just poorly documented.

Quote:

The CoC and EULA prohibit players from editing files themselves

There is no changes in gameplay going on, the only things that are added are extra tools in the editor. As soon as the scenario is converted to RtData and uploaded to the server, the only thing that can remain are functions that are already fully implemented and in use by the server. You can see what this data looks like when doing /saveScenarioRtData, and opening the output.rt.txt file.

Also, any information that I can find out about how that system works, can be found out by anyone else anyway, is therefore considered public knowledge, and there is really no need to censor information gained from public sources.

I think this post will be edited anyways, though.

dakhound October 30th, 2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetemi
well, it's not my fault that [ Removed breach of CoC - Boroshi ] is a secret

kinda blow your own argument out of the water with the "not may fault its secret"

posting something you knew to be against the CoC then complaining is bad form mate

kaetemi October 30th, 2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakhound
posting something you knew to be against the CoC then complaining is bad form mate

This is about spawning scenery, not items.

Seriously, omg omg, a bit of fire appearing and disappearing when needed in the ring instead of burning forever is going to inbalance the game?

Besides, even with those 28 bytes I posted, the only people who can use it, are the people who already know about it anyways.

seawe November 1st, 2007 09:50 AM

its funny that the game is so heavily gaurded when there's no developers developing the game, and players want to improve some small but annoying features for all using existing tools, and they still get shot down.

It'd be nice if the powers that be were a bit more open to the community. Maybe they'd actually gotten free work done on the game!

and as kaetemi said you'd have to know what he was talking about... which most of us don't really.

dakhound November 1st, 2007 07:32 PM

ah yea, the "you're to thick to understand" statement, nice and endearing :D thanks seawe

and kaet, I knew that you were not talking about items, just that you contradicted yerself

kaetemi November 1st, 2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakhound
and kaet, I knew that you were not talking about items, just that you contradicted yerself

The cruelty of fate is amusing, isn't it.

ffxjosh November 2nd, 2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringwiki

There is no changes in gameplay going on, the only things that are added are extra tools in the editor...

... which can then inturn change the gameplay?

Lol crease me up ;)

kaetemi November 2nd, 2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffxjosh
... which can then inturn change the gameplay?

Lol crease me up ;)

Which can only do what is already implemented and enabled server-side for the ring.

boroshi November 2nd, 2007 02:01 AM

Again,
Quote:

To clarify:

The Ryzom Ring tools are designed to allow players to implement certain functions themselves. Those functions that have been fully tested and approved are enabled in the Ring software, and all others are disabled. The CoC and EULA prohibit players from editing files themselves, and have priority if ever apparently contradicted by the game files themselves.

As previously stated, the CoC and EULA are still in full effect, and will continue to be.

Locked.