Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - spawning objects?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   spawning objects? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26398)

seawe October 16th, 2006 04:05 AM

spawning objects?

ok so i figured out how to make scenery objects disappear by way of clicking on another object. But now the question is how do i make it reappear again? or how to make a different object appear, when that one disapears? :/

sx4rlet October 16th, 2006 06:42 PM

Re: spawning objects?

Didnt know you could spawn objects..

but i think you need to make a second trigger / event to de-spawn it again.

cloudy97 October 16th, 2006 06:51 PM

Nope, you can't spawn scenery objects. Not even by dividing the scenario in acts (which I hoped would work).

zangan October 17th, 2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudy97
Nope, you can't spawn scenery objects. Not even by dividing the scenario in acts (which I hoped would work).

NO!!

*crosses of another idea*

Was going to create a labyrinth with spawning dead-ends and fenses around people as they walked through..hmm..

Guess I'll just have to go back to ammbushes...

Would love spawning scenery..

sx4rlet October 17th, 2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan

I assume Ulani put it on the wish-list already ;)

seawe October 22nd, 2006 11:02 PM

so the 'activate' 'deactivate' options with 'object remover' don't work really? it works fine with the trigger option :) but i was so hoping to spawn another object in its place :(

ravekn July 14th, 2007 06:35 AM

YES!!!
Please please PLEASE enable item/scenery spawning!

nbrsix October 22nd, 2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan
NO!!

Was going to create a labyrinth with spawning dead-ends and fenses around people as they walked through..hmm..

Guess I'll just have to go back to ammbushes...

Have you tried creating a zone when a char steps into it the fence or wall appears? Then you have to create another zone or trigger or just have the char bash it as you do to open a chest/crate.

Just an idea.... only dabbled in creating a senerio and need all the tips I can get myself.

kaetemi October 22nd, 2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seawe
so the 'activate' 'deactivate' options with 'object remover' don't work really?

activate and deactivate are for the object remover component, not for the object.
it's possible though, but i can't tell you how ;)

seawe October 28th, 2007 12:48 AM

what is it with all these secrets kaetemi? ;)