Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - What type of Ring Scenario interests you the most?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   What type of Ring Scenario interests you the most? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26534)

raynes October 20th, 2006 06:58 PM

What type of Ring Scenario interests you the most?

What type of scenario do you have an interest in playing?

iphdrunk October 20th, 2006 07:52 PM

Re: What type of Ring Scenario interests you the most?

I'm unsure to answer, the listed options seem a bit too restrictive. Without being too intensive in lore, and not being an invasion that never ends, a deep hack'n slash, just not plain "fedex" or "go kill 10" missions.

rushin October 20th, 2006 08:26 PM

it's a difficult question to answer, maybe because i want it all.

i can only answer by way of what i am creating as i am full of idea's and dont have enough time to do everything :)

I have a mastered hack and slash for medium level players - its very enjoyable to actively AM, talk to players, take control of bosses, etc. but its also the most difficult set up - i need ppl be of a certain level/restrict higher level skills, it relies on everyone who comes in working together. this is hard to run randomly - much better to find the players before and then launch with just them.

I also have a very high level masterless challenge, this is my favorite as i am designing it so it can just run, players can enter at any time and simply experience it without worrying about missions and acts and whatever. the ambushes and crafted encounters will all reset with time or on other triggers so it can be up for days with no need to look after

I would love some lore/storytelling but the problem is they are one hit wonders - once a player has been through they wont be back so i wont devote my time to such a thing yet

What we need i think is a good invasion scenario, that can submitted and put in the Pioneer section as perm content, that would be awesome as many people enjoy mass combat.

sorry for not answering your question at all o_o

calebrie October 20th, 2006 09:04 PM

Making this thread a sticky for a while ;)

raynes October 20th, 2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushin
I would love some lore/storytelling but the problem is they are one hit wonders - once a player has been through they wont be back so i wont devote my time to such a thing yet

What we need i think is a good invasion scenario, that can submitted and put in the Pioneer section as perm content, that would be awesome as many people enjoy mass combat.

sorry for not answering your question at all o_o

You did answer my question though. you said you would love some good lore/storytelling ones. You simply to not want to make them. :)

zangan October 21st, 2006 08:48 AM

A good invasion huh?

Been working on a survival test. Put homins in a boxed up spawn point, send wave after wave after wave, yadayada. Works pretty nice. Only problem is I'm low level and my monsters aren't too strong for higher level people. But I make up on quanity.

I really didn't answer question either...

Though I probably like a little combat, but more of a town / watch battle thing. *thinks Yubotropolis and Firewine Springs*

Been trying to put a Kara vs. Kami one up. I have them one each side, put represitative cut throats to fight for each side, have others come in, take sides, do quests to unleash reinforcments or fight directly, yadayada, ect. ect.

Though my problem is I get the ideas..start working, and never finish one. So if anyone wants to steal my ideas, go ahead.

Oh, and I still didn't answer it very much did I...sorry

skeith8 November 3rd, 2006 07:02 AM

Hmmm...tough decision....

Since I essentially like heavy RP, I'd want something with alot of background, story, and dialogue- also I'd want it to be interactive and character/plot heavy scenarios. Simply going and bashing monsters won't do it for me.

I also like the idea of R2 to be used to create recreational zones for people to come and relax. I found that to be quite....interesting, and a bit unique.

When I upgrade my account I'll be sure to check out all the different types, and perhaps have a better feel for what I want to get out of this great new expansion. Keep up the good work you guys! And expect to see me in your scenarios soon enough!

ghostflame February 22nd, 2010 09:09 AM

I've just started using the scenario editor but I use it as an alternative to the very disappoiting player housing in Ryzom - this way I can decorate a whole valley! I intend to use it for social events mostly.