Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - landscape and furniture
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   landscape and furniture (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26584)

dakhound October 23rd, 2006 02:50 PM

landscape and furniture

ok had a mess about with ring last night and was mildly overawed by all the stuff (kinkoo vs kara = kinkoo win btw)

one of the reasons I scrapped my semi hard work was it basically looked a little iffy, I tried to fence off an area near a hill and a total lack of the ability to angle the fences mean it just got buried in the scenery. for all purposes it would have acted as a barrier I know, but it still looked crap :)

I will play about some more when I am bored,

grimjim October 23rd, 2006 02:56 PM

Re: landscape and furniture

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakhound
ok had a mess about with ring last night and was mildly overawed by all the stuff (kinkoo vs kara = kinkoo win btw)

one of the reasons I scrapped my semi hard work was it basically looked a little iffy, I tried to fence off an area near a hill and a total lack of the ability to angle the fences mean it just got buried in the scenery. for all purposes it would have acted as a barrier I know, but it still looked crap :)

I will play about some more when I am bored,

Kami/Kara fences are a bit better for fencing off areas.
One problem, though, is that 'bad guys' can run straight through terrain blockages and player's can't :(

dakhound October 23rd, 2006 06:59 PM

was using them kami/kara fence :(

calel October 23rd, 2006 07:30 PM

Jacko = Ringnoob!!11

There's a button to change the angle on the top row (2nd from the left) of buttons you have for basic commands.

Also, you can click the right mouse button on a scenery object, select properties, and adjust the angle with a convenient slider. ;)

In case that wasn't the question and I misunderstood, please ignore it. :p

Main advice would be, if you really want to block things, is to use a map which lends itself well to that purpose, has narrow corridors and the likes. The landslides may come in handy perhaps as well; they cover more length than a Kami or Karavan fence. And then there's clusters of trees, buildings, but ofcourse that all depends on what you're planning the map to represent.