Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Multi-step monologues for NPCs?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Multi-step monologues for NPCs? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26909)

nephy13 November 28th, 2006 03:00 AM

Re: Multi-step monologues for NPCs?

Well, I could find no reference in the scenarios to the @{RGBA} business, but I tested it out anyway and it seems to work fine. Works for broadcast or spoken dialog in the chat window but not for chat-bubbles.

[For those who aren't programmers, I'll explain it in detail]
Where R is the red hexadecimal value from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F (Where 0 means no red and F is maxium red).
G is the green value 0-F
B is the blue value 0-F
A is the alpha (or transparency value) where 0 is invisible and F in fully opaque.

Example (I'll leave you to guess what it looks like! hehe!):
@{F00F}Red! @{0F0F}Green! @{00FF}Blue! @{888F}Grey! @{0FF8}Semi-transparent cyan @{FFFF}Back to normal solid white

Remember, if you are just making a single word or phrase coloured, then you need to use @{FFFF} to reset to normal text after that word.

Incidentally, the system doesn't care if you enter @{ffff} or @{FFFF}. Case is not important.

kaetemi November 28th, 2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nephy13
Works for broadcast or spoken dialog in the chat window but not for chat-bubbles.

And plotitem descriptions (and scenario title and description last time i tried...)

seawe November 29th, 2006 06:39 AM

cool :) ty