Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Multi-step monologues for NPCs?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Multi-step monologues for NPCs? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=26909)

nephy13 November 2nd, 2006 10:36 PM

Multi-step monologues for NPCs?

Whilst playing that Halloween scenario, I'm sure that I saw a Kami that spoke in a multi-stage speech bubble, with "skip" and "quit" buttons in it. I can't see how to do this myself, with either dialogs for an NPC or "tasks" set by that NPC. Can anyone explain how to do that, please?

calel November 2nd, 2006 10:40 PM

Re: Multi-step monologues for NPCs?

You can add various text bubbles by adding [break] in between sentences. Unfortunatly, it only apears that way in text bubbles, the around channel doesn't show the text segmented, so rather large NPC monologues will still spam the channel.

grimjim November 2nd, 2006 11:32 PM

IIRC it's {break} with curly-pointy brackets.

nephy13 November 2nd, 2006 11:38 PM

Ah, I just had time to test that [break] didn't work before you told me it was {break}. Great - got that working now. Thanks!

Everything appearing in chat at the start, before the player has clicked through the steps, is a little annoying, but that isn't a big problem and I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough.

kaetemi November 7th, 2006 09:03 PM

And to use colors in broadcast or item descriptions it's @{RGBA} if I remember correctly, with the color values ranging from 0 to F :)

slay13 November 15th, 2006 06:38 AM

kaetemi, grimjim,

Thank you for posting different flags (or whatever they're to be called in R2) for a few commands. I was wondering where did you two originally learn of these flags...i havent found any place listing them but i could just be lookin in the wrong place. But if theres somewhere that lists things like this then it would be really helpful. Thx ahead of time.

grimjim November 15th, 2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slay13
kaetemi, grimjim,

Thank you for posting different flags (or whatever they're to be called in R2) for a few commands. I was wondering where did you two originally learn of these flags...i havent found any place listing them but i could just be lookin in the wrong place. But if theres somewhere that lists things like this then it would be really helpful. Thx ahead of time.

The example scenario from Nevrax.

kaetemi November 15th, 2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slay13
I was wondering where did you two originally learn of these flags...

Log files...

slay13 November 15th, 2006 09:43 PM

Holy sweet bejeezus! =0 Didn't even see that hugeMUNGUS folder in the ring section of my hardrive called EXAMPLES lol. Yea i'm sure that'll help a ton guys...thanx.

seawe November 27th, 2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetemi
And to use colors in broadcast or item descriptions it's @{RGBA} if I remember correctly, with the color values ranging from 0 to F :)

Can you explain this one a bit more... maybe an example :)