Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Question on Dialogue as per Grimjim Scenario
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Question on Dialogue as per Grimjim Scenario (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=27137)

gillest November 10th, 2006 06:40 AM

Question on Dialogue as per Grimjim Scenario

There seem to be two different possibility of handling-creating a dialouge.

I am currently using "timer"option: second sentence to start 3, 6... seconds after first sentence.

On Jyudas Scenario, at the opening , the speech bulb had an option for the player to control the sentence sequence: arrow allowing to go to next sentence..

I haven't found how to script that yet, any hint?

clyne November 10th, 2006 07:04 AM

Re: Question on Dialogue as per Grimjim Scenario

Hi gillest,

It's already mentioned several times in this forum. Its {break}

*^.^*

gillest November 10th, 2006 07:21 AM

Been looking everywhere, can't find where its mentioned :(
U just add {break} at the end of each dialogue section?

grimjim November 10th, 2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillest
Been looking everywhere, can't find where its mentioned :(
U just add {break} at the end of each dialogue section?

Hello.{break}That was an opening sentence.{break}That wasn't.{break}You can split them up into clickable sections like this.{break}Off you go!

gillest November 10th, 2006 08:02 AM

hehe ok,
silly me was putting it at the end of the sentence, not at the beginning .
Will give it a try later, cos it seems you put everything in same dialogue: i was creating more than one line per dialogue edition..

calebrie November 10th, 2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimjim
Hello.{break}That was an opening sentence.{break}That wasn't.{break}You can split them up into clickable sections like this.{break}Off you go!

If you are going to add a {break} command you should remember to add spaces after the break. The reason for this is that in the chat window it will appear as one block of text, so "Hello.{break}That" will appear as "Hello.That".

So in the example above:

Hello.{break} That was an opening sentence.{break} That wasn't.{break} You can split them up into clickable sections like this.{break} Off you go!

tr808 April 23rd, 2007 03:11 AM

For some reason im not able to put the { } signs in when i edit my text, any ideas?

thlau April 23rd, 2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr808
For some reason im not able to put the { } signs in when i edit my text, any ideas?

If you are used to press the AltGr key to reach the { and } try it by pressing the right AltGr and right Ctrl key to reach the specific characters.

kaetemi April 23rd, 2007 04:46 PM

Also, it seems that they blocked typing those characters in the property window, so you can't use colors in mission broadcast and plotitem description or breaks in mission dialogs anymore. It still does work just fine in the dialog component.

Power to the Players, right...