Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Odd porting bug
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Ring Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Odd porting bug (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=27343)

olepi November 17th, 2006 03:36 PM

Odd porting bug

I had my scenario up, someone asked for invite and I invited them. They "blinked" on my screen, and then disappeared. They had been ported to the PR entrance in Fyros :) And then could not see my Ring scenario. I asked a game guide, and he suggested the user reboot, but it didn't work.

Olepi

riveit November 17th, 2006 04:54 PM

Re: Odd porting bug

That happens to me as well. The devs recently suggested that adding UDP ports and an IP range to my D-link router might help. I haven't tested that solution yet though.

otaku157 November 17th, 2006 06:02 PM

*nods* Happened to someone trying to enter my scenario as well.

katriell November 17th, 2006 07:50 PM

• Log out.
  • Go to your Ryzom folder (probably in Program Files).
  • Go to the ring folder.
  • Delete the files with "r2ed" in their name from save folder.
  • Delete files with "string_cache" in their name from data.

:)

forever November 17th, 2006 09:12 PM

This bug has also been keeping me out of scenarios too. :(
I have tried a few things with no luck.

I'll try your fix when I get home from work katriell. I hope it works. :)

forever November 19th, 2006 06:05 AM

So far nothing has fixed this bug for me :(
Looks like it will need a little help from the Devs to fix it.

tr808 January 9th, 2007 01:50 PM

Bump, this bug keeps players out the ring :(

nephy13 January 9th, 2007 09:51 PM

This happens to me all the time when I have Zonealarm enabled. Quitting from that firewall application means I have no problems, except that I can get hacked from the 'Net, but what can you do? Of course, it would be more sensible to just allow the specific Ring ports through the firewall, but I can't see how to do that with Zonealarm.

901941 January 10th, 2007 06:25 AM

I been in the ring for weeks trying to get some scenarios going but I’ve encounter several stepping stones. I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

A common issue has been the invites; some ppl tend to crash when porting to the Ring. I Sometimes I crash in Testing/Editor/or Launch scenario modes, but if running the scenario and someone gets in the scenario stays up and I’m able to get in.

I’ve had tells freeze in middle of the screen, and most times I can’t respond but pressing Esc key fixes this. Or I get tells from players that are not online pop when trying to respond to tells.

After the last patch the action bar started to pop while in editor and when in play mode it would disappear. At first I did not know what to do but after opening the menu and selecting to reset windows this was fixed.

The new problem I am having is when I edit events. For some reason I get a Not Exist-Max Visible Entity Count Exceeded even though I still have room for more entities and objects.

The most annoying of all these issues are when exiting the ring my screen freezes; happens while trying to go from editor to character selection, from editor to game, or simply logging out. I have no choice but to restart computer. It only happens when playing in the ring.

tr808 January 10th, 2007 06:28 AM

I have all the same things u experienced :(

espicialy the invite bug drives me crazy, no1 wants to come and try it even, cuz they will end up with relogging the entire game :confused: