Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Kicking problem
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Ring Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Kicking problem (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=27476)

zangan November 23rd, 2006 02:15 AM

Kicking problem

Ok, I have my scenerio and it is constantly kicking people out without anything being done by me. For instance last night, Gwillim was trying to play through my scenerio, he got in and after 3 secs got kicked. He had to relog and when he got back it worked. Then from act transition 8 to 1 (starts at 8) he got booted. He reloged again as his alt, Lonk. Again, he was booted repeatedly. We eventually gave up, but this has happened to over 50% of the people who attempt to play through any of my scenerios, just no one else was as persistant!;)

I don't know if it is a problem with the Ring, or my computer or what. But many other people have been experiencing similar difficulties so if the Ring is to continue, it needs to be smoothed out.

Just my thoughts and concerns.

vguerin November 23rd, 2006 04:16 AM

Re: Kicking problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan
I don't know if it is a problem with the Ring, or my computer or what. But many other people have been experiencing similar difficulties so if the Ring is to continue, it needs to be smoothed out.

Just my thoughts and concerns.

I am just guessing here, but based on some responses I have seen in the past it might be a firewall/router issue. I believe the Ring has different servers it connects to and something could be happening there.

Again, just my guess...

nephy13 November 28th, 2006 02:09 AM

I ended up leaving my software firewall down (Couldn't seem to change any setting within it that helped) and that seemed to help. I'm just hoping my hardware firewall will stop my 'puter being impregnated with death...ah well.

tr808 January 9th, 2007 11:26 AM

I have had this problem and it really is a pain, i got in to making scenarios since 3 days, but this fact is spoiling the fun for me very fast :(

It is just impossible to get some1 in it, without them being zapped to a place they werent when they entered....