Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Brainstorm!!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Brainstorm!! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=27489)

zangan November 23rd, 2006 05:02 PM

Brainstorm!!

Ok! Here we go! Its time to brainstorm possible Ring scenerios! Ok, I'll start by listing all of my thoughts that I can!

Yubotropolis- Theres a thread below somewhere with this one.:D Not entirly possible without creatures being able to follow a path and talk.

Gauntlet- This is more a private test for people, not really a true scenerio. Its where I give people a narrow strip of land to run through, lined with fences, with bandits attacking with spells and storms as they beat them as they charge through.

Survival- Similar to Gauntlet, but you are traped in a fenced in box wit a small team while waves of creatures storm you.

Branching Story- This is one that I really want to make work. You start off by having to make a choice between Kami and Karavan. Each goes to a diferent scenerio. There you can get 1 of 2 missions, each leading to different destinations. There you have to make a choice between saving someone or completing your mission, or something else. From there... Yeah, you get the point.;)

Firewine Springs- I had tried this, but it needs real players to fill positions, so it never really came about.. It was a recreational resort and resturant with a huge natural spring composed of Firewine (you can swim in it:D).

Well..this is all that comes to mind... I have more, but can't think of them right now.

For anyone posting their ideas here, please know that they are all subject for other players to use. All of mine are open for anyone to try to build, hehe, save me the trouble and have someone else do it!:p

So come on now everyone! Open up and spill your secrets!!:D

nephy13 November 23rd, 2006 06:41 PM

Re: Brainstorm!!

I have a number of ideas that could be used for utility rather than extending normal play. So far, I think they could all be placed in a single scenario, which means less hosting required and more reason to enter the scenario to see the range of services that are available therein:
  1. A group of NPCs, each a representative of a player guild. Each would give out the creed and contact details for a specific guild.
  2. A group of NPCs, each a representative of a specific crafter (or crafter guild?). They give details about what an individual can craft and/or wishes to trade.
  3. A town crier that tells people about planned events and/or the state of outpost ownership.
  4. A global marketplace where any players can come to buy and sell wares directly to others.
  5. An auction-house! Not some automated rubbish like on WoW, but with a live auctioneer (obviously only operating at set times, unless the CSR staff want something to do while waiting for tickets...hehe!).
  6. Hall of debaters. Well, if we can't "chat" in Universe, why not have somewhere where anyone from around the world can meet to chew the fat...

Some of these items (a, b and c) replace functionality already provided by the forums, but I really think that a lot of people don't want to look at forums (this is the first game that I have ever bothered with the forums for). You'd also get the information, in a consice form, without all the banter you have to wade through in forums. Problem would be keeping information updated, but the information can just be hoovered up from the forum without people having to directly update the scenario-writer.

The options for player-to-player sales are good, but limited, on the mainland, so I think further options could be very good and add some fun and allow people from different lands to (A *real* auction-house anyone?).

Anyway, these are ideas I am mulling over. Might try it out in a week or so, probably in a limited form. If done properly, I feel that this would be an ideal scenario to be kept updated by player(s), but hosted by Neverax (Or rather their replacement), since keeping a whole PC busy just to host it 24/7 seems a little excessive.

zangan November 24th, 2006 06:39 AM

I want to make a zoo. Have little Mektoubs corraled in one section, some yubos over here. Torbaks in an extra strurdy pin. Don't know why, but I want a zoo.:D

Well it is 'brainstorming' and thats what was in my brain so there!:p

nephy13 November 24th, 2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan
I want to make a zoo. Have little Mektoubs corraled in one section, some yubos over here. Torbaks in an extra strurdy pin. Don't know why, but I want a zoo.

Hey, you stole the idea when you saw my Yubo-farm! Hehe! Still, a zoo could be fun - just make sure the doors on the animal cages are kept firmly closed...

zangan November 24th, 2006 05:58 PM

[quote=nephy13]Hey, you stole the idea when you saw my Yubo-farm! QUOTE]

Ha! Just thought about that, but know, I've wanted a zoo for a while! :D

beaut666 February 27th, 2007 05:35 PM

A zoo is an awesome idea! What has come of it? Anyone? Cuz if not I wanna mess round with it! :)
Beau

blyth February 27th, 2007 07:41 PM

Z - I like the zoo also. A good way for new players to see what they may come up against later. Too bad we couldn't put some of our more *unruly* homins on display as well ! Could have lots of fun with the labels...."gankerous extrodinarous" , "immaturous specialous" har har

tr808 February 27th, 2007 11:51 PM

I would like to be able to make PVP arena's / zones that for instance can have quests (not necesary) give certain bounty's for killing another player.. let it be kill that ZoraĻ , Karavaneer or just a random player, i really feel enabling pvp in the ring is a easy short time solution to give it some actual players. I imagine it being possible to set a max used lvl of skill used in it, to avoid ganking by lvl 250 players on lvl 50 players who just want to experience the pvp once in a while as a break from lvling.

zangan February 28th, 2007 05:43 AM

That was a surprise. I come back to check out on the PMs, and I see my 3 month old thread revived.

And as far as I know nothing has been done with the Zoo, you're free to do with it what you will!

beaut666 March 1st, 2007 04:59 AM

Here comes the zoo! *logging in despite his horrible wrist pain*
beau