Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Suggestion: Approved scenarios?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Suggestion: Approved scenarios? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=27775)

sickpup December 11th, 2006 10:23 PM

Suggestion: Approved scenarios?

Firstly, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry if it isn't. Secondly, I'm new to Ryzom so bear with me.

I'm currently participating in the trial and I started reading up about The Ryzom Ring. After spending ages trying to find up to date information about it and pulling scraps of information from different sources I finally got a reasonable grasp of what it is. Back to the topic, there's something that kinda bugged me about it's design and something that seems to be a popular topic for discussion - the rewards for actually taking part in it.

Would it not be possible, on top of the current reward system to have an approvement system whereby staff/GMs can approve scenarios? The point system could be used to easily find scenarios which deserve approvement and, once approved, a scenario could be moved out of the normal ring point system and into the normal world system (where players can get XP/loot from monsters/quests). This system would obviously prevent the abuse of having normal-world-rules player created scenarios, while allowing people to play scenarios with normal rules and also still rewarding people for creating and playing new scenarios.

It might be fun playing a few scenarios from time to time, but wouldn't it be _more_ fun to play scenarios with normal world rules too? And how popular will it really get as it is? :\

Like I said before I'm new to Ryzom, so please flame if I'm out of my league here. ;)

seawe December 12th, 2006 02:07 AM

Re: Suggestion: Approved scenarios?

hiya sickpuppy, they have said that this is exaclty what they want to do once there are enough folks making scenarios and if the scenarios fit with ryzom story and lore. They will then host them for free 24/7.

what was said at least...

sickpup December 12th, 2006 12:09 PM

Re: Suggestion: Approved scenarios?

That's cool :)

I hope they do decide to implement it - and sooner rather than later. The whole Ring idea is a really cool one and it would be nice to take it one step further.