Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - R2 scenarios as downloads on fansites
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Ring Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   R2 scenarios as downloads on fansites (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=28220)

betonmi January 9th, 2007 01:19 PM

R2 scenarios as downloads on fansites

I would like to know if it would be a violation of the ToS if I allowed folks to download the R2 scenarios I create from my website: betonmi.com

If it would be... I would like to request permission to do it anyway. *in my begging stance* Plsss....

tr808 January 9th, 2007 01:46 PM

Re: R2 scenarios as downloads on fansites

Very cool idea :)

betonmi January 13th, 2007 11:25 AM

After posting here in the forums, I also tried asking in Klients, where Zerlin instructed me to email support, and they would forward my queston/request to Gameforge.

I recieved a pretty quick response from Marjo, part of which I will paste below:

------

Of course you can. The .r2 files are meant to be shared, in the case one
wants to create a story with the help of a friend for example.

We could imagine that with the help of the community you could even
create a fansite to host the .r2 of every scenarios' creators who would
like to share their files. ;)

------

Gawd... I love this game!

betonmi January 25th, 2007 03:00 AM

I would like to announce that I have just enabled scenario uploads on my fansite.

Now your fans can play your scenarios even while you are not logged in!

You need to register to enable uploads, or to comment on or rate the scenarios.

tr808 January 25th, 2007 08:26 AM

what is the site?

blyth January 25th, 2007 07:59 PM

Looks like betonmi.com Mok

tr808 January 26th, 2007 01:11 PM

*looks for glasses* :o

vitttto January 29th, 2007 03:12 AM

Wow that sounds awesome! I hope this becomes a popular trend ;)

nephy13 January 29th, 2007 05:42 AM

I think this is a very good idea, but remember: before you distribute your scenarios, realise that other players may be able to gain game points from your work if you do this. As far as I can discern/guess, other players hosting your scenario would make points for both you and them, but, of course, the devs are being very cagey about when/how/if points will finally be distributed for running scenarios, so who knows if someone else might not be able to profit more than the original author?

Hmm, I don't really want to put people off distributing scenarios, but we really don't know what consequences this will have in the medium/long term. Just be aware that you might be signing away your hard work (for more than others to host/play). Devs: how about some information about this issue?

I'm very keen to upload/download scenarios anyway, to tell the truth, but I realise I might get screwed in the end by doing this...*shrugs*

zangan January 30th, 2007 01:53 AM

I think this has potential. And is that what the "run" or "alter and run" setting things are for? Just checking.;)

Oh, so who wants to host Firewine Springs next?:D