Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Why I Choose Kami
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Why I Choose Kami (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=28225)

moyaku January 10th, 2007 01:24 PM

Re: Why I Choose Kami

Originally aligned to the Karavan faction and member of Evolution since my first day on the mainland, I finally decided to join the Kamist initially for two reasons :

1) After many OP fights against people of my own faction, it occured to me that maybe I wasn't on the right side anymore :p.

2) I wanted to be able to kill/gank (I have been told that I have no sense of honour when it comes to faction :P and I agree) people of the Karavan Alliance which were most likely my best enemies at the time (you still are ;), thanx Ma-Duk)

Then, after a one week fame hunt and a few others guildless, I joined The Team Spirit, my friend Faa had offered to enroll me which I first refused (a few times) because I knew that my new behaviours wouldn't match TS's sense of honour, I was to be proven right a few weeks later (Faa could tell you :P) ; Indeed As an Evo member I never had to follow any guild rules (such as no ganking for instance) so I guess I couldn't adapt to Team Spirit's ways (Too bad tho ! They are a really fun bunch of muffins).

So I decided to leave my guild once again, for its reputation not to suffer from my psychotic doings ; I created Gankers (the guild), I choose this name because it makes things pretty clear to everyone. I never planned on recruting, and I m more interesting to see if people (going crazy) would want to join (which I doubt, because of the community views on PvP mostly).

Now, I m out of OP matters even tho I joined the Kami Alliance. I only kill Kara Alliance members (no matter what they are doing at the point) and people who would first aggro me :). However I am always flagged (no matter what I am doing) so this way people I ganked can always try and gank my lily butt when they feel the urge (makes things even).

kurita January 10th, 2007 02:21 PM

hmmm, why did i choose Kami.

well this is a two part story for me.
first OOC, even befor i started playing, when i was still considering if i should play SoR,
i DID read the lore on the HP and the forums extensively and dicided to, if i play, i would play a Zoraï/Tytonist(Homins first) with strong Kami(save the nature) leanings.

Second, IC, i did that till EP2 with temples and OP´s hit us all. in EP2 i tryed to stay neutral and dig for the Tryker Kami temple,
so that at least they can get both Temples and stay neutral that way...
but that didn´t work out and after OP hit us and as we Zoraï lost some of our best OP´s to the KA Fanatics i had to choose... staying "neutral"/trytonist or help in keeping the balance between Kami and Karavan which meant choosing Kami... and thats what i did.

IC i´m a Zoraï Kamist now, but still with strong leanings towards Tryton´s Hominists and OOC, if Tryton returns and it becomes a Faction you can choose, i may choose them again, but for now i´m Kami to keep the Karas in check ;)

karmelit January 10th, 2007 08:26 PM

OOC: I read all the info I could find on Ryzom and swiftly realised that I would feel most at home with a Zoraï character. The Zoraï were supposed to be the "spiritual" homin nation, and they had aligned themselves with the Kami.

IC: I always wanted to be a wise homin, one who knew the mysteries. So as far back as I can remember I tried to get my elders (Zoraï npc's) and the kami to give me tasks to complete. When I felt I was ready, I took the kami up on the offer and he sent me on to Zora.

There I saw my first sages, and how I wished I could get them to give me just one little mission! Alas, they never did. I figure I still haven't become wise in their eyes. After having been asked several times to join other groups, I met a fair Zoraï woman I simply adored. Her name was Lien Chang and asked if I would like to join with her guild MoV, and I accepted with pride.

Later when the temple wars was waged I lost my faith, and went neutral a while. But my heart refused to let the old dreams die, and I turned back to my old ways. Hopefully a little wiser

soulsnatcher January 10th, 2007 09:43 PM

As the "Why I Choose..." threads could prove useful lto newer players I'm going to Sticky them. Try and keep the comments and posts in these constructive and at the least non abusive. Go on, I know you can do it.

kaetemi January 10th, 2007 11:59 PM

I don't really remember... for some part it was because the Kami learned us how to use all kinds of magic, and all the Karavan ever gave us was some knowledge about mostly weak range weapons, which is something that really shows us who doesn't trust us.

xzizoux January 11th, 2007 09:42 AM

when i Started Ryzom i choose a Zorai cause i like Mystical things and so and a Friend from me(Marax) started 1 month ealier than me Ryzom and i joined his Guild( Merchants of Void ). at this Time i didnt knew so much about Kami and Karavan and i didnt really cared about that cause we had no Faction war at this time.I Choose Kami cause my Guild was and my Friends i started to play with but after so 1 Year in Merchants of Void ( was a very very good time ) i left MoV and stayed Guildless( when remember it was in the Temple Wars ) cause i didnt liked Faction wars and i still dun like it now. i stayed Kami and i fought for the Kamis in OP Battles(Outpost Battles) against the Karavan alliance and i still didnt liked the faction War.i joined a few other Guild to see if the Guilds are good for me,but after a while i saw again and again that the Politics dun fit me,so i created my own Guild ( totally 3) with my 3rd Guild i stick now cause i can decide myself what i do and if its good for me or not,i can make my own Politic and so far its good for me.my Guild is still a Kami Guild and i am Still a Kami ,but only for TP´s ,my Playstyle is now Neutral but i am still a kami and Hope for peace on Atys 1 Day...

Thats why i choose Kami when i started

tb19rmg4 January 11th, 2007 02:56 PM

Why I chose Kami...

For many moons I was neutral and it all seemed well until the guild I was in increasingly became more and more influenced by the Karavan and basically went against all the pillars of the Fyros's beliefs in the end, leaving me no choice but to leave.

The first act I did after freeing myself was to become Kami, the reasons werent for religious matters, but that the Kami give me life when dead, magic to fight and to heal with, pacts to move around the world with speed.
The Karavan offer the same, but as a Fyros, It would have been criminal to my race if I had aligned myself by following Jena, but I imagine even I were Matis, I would find the whole Jena story disturbing, it is a very creepy religion. *shivers*

901941 January 12th, 2007 10:13 PM

Why I choose Kami?

OOC: Well it was purely by chance. Before the temple war fame was not an issue and neither was choosing a faction. I was actually neutral. I remember I was in Wanderlust with Iverem who was GL, Davrick, Bloodbath, and Bala. It was a small fun guild that quickly grew in to a good size guild. I was very happy then. Wanderlust was also part of HOPE, back when an alliance really meant something. So, I thought.

By then the temple war was expected and news of the ring started to surface. I think the ring was suppose to be release first, but was pushed back in order to implement PvP which eventually brought the faction war. Or was it Spires that was pushed back? Anyway, by then I was so stoked about the ring that Meika (an old friend) and I started planning for it. We decided to start SoA.

So we left wanderlust to start our own guild. It was a slow start but we eventually recruited a few members. We also joined HOPE as a neutral guild. We decided to open our GH in Pyr for two reasons, 1-I hate swimming. 2-Meika was a Fyros. Soon after, the temple war begun.

It was a horrible start. I was totally displeased with the whole thing. For one Meika and I were screwed because she was Kami and I was Karavan, so that meant that if we enter the war zone we would be on opposite sides. This couldn’t happen, she was my High Officer, and we started the guild together, we had to make a decision. Meika didn’t want to convert to Karavan and although we were still undecided we knew that after the war we would have to make a choice. So, I decided to go Kami and to stay out of the war zone.

Then as members of HOPE this was an issue because all the guilds in HOPE decided to go Karavan or with Karavan leniency. I was hurt because as Kami this meant no more hope for me. Due to the politics that where developing the game stop being fun for me and I found my self just playing less and less, then eventually I just stop playing for a while.

When I returned Meika had closed SoA. I was still in SoA but as a member. Later on I learned that Meika had left an alt as leader and that she was on Vacation. So, I was then invited to join Wanderlust till she got back, which I did since my friends were still there. Wanderlust members had decided to be Karavans and start a new guild. I had already started building my Kami fame so I stuck with it. Soon after I join AP, and when Chronos decided to leave the game I saw this as an opportunity to reopen SoA again.

IC: I’ve never believed Jena is a Goddess. I think the laws they push on us are only for their benefit alone. I think they are liars and strange beings who are not of this planet. I don’t believe they are here to help us but to help themselves. I simply don’t trust them, call it a gut feeling, call it Kami possession; I just don’t trust the Karavan.

These feelings have pushed me to seek the Kami. I am curios about them. I don’t think they are any better, and their recent actions or lack there off make me wonder sometimes if I am on the right path. But by reviewing the higher powers agendas I choose Kami over Karavan any day. I do believe Kami want to help and teach us to be more conscious of the planet. I strongly believe they are natural beings of Atys and therefore like me. I don’t consider them evil or demons that possess homins like the Karavans portray them. But I deal with them cautiously. After all, my welfare comes before any religion.

martl January 13th, 2007 01:57 AM

OOC: i chose a Zorai by chance, and for some reason stuck to him(had rolled a Tryker girl before that, but that silly cow kept falling on her nose... stupid breast slider). When i stood somewhat lost at Zora tp in my noob rags and a set of Matis sleeves i had aquired at merchants, ganked for the umpteenth time by some turtle shell carrying animals (had insisted on taking wrong city exit) a noble and friendly Zorai dame wearing a tryker hat took pity, gave me some amps and a guild invite... rest is history :) (Alegra, missya still :))

IC: I dont trust the Karavan. They are clearly not from this planet. They have superior technologies and materials unknown on this planet. They do apparently have a lot of power, but not enough to meet their plans, so they recruit homins for that. But what do homins mean to them? Do they have the well being of atys and hominkind in mind, or do they have other plans? their motives remain unclear. I dont trust the Karavan.

The Kami represent what i feel is right: preserve the planet so it stays a good place to live for all hominkind in peace. Homins are part of Atys, not the owners of Atys. Not all that *can* be done, is *good* to do. Profit, power, dominating others is not the goal to follow in life. Thats what they teach.

Thats why i'm Kami.

mercury January 13th, 2007 01:10 PM

Why Kami ?

Quiksilver was first created in April 2004 in the Open Beta, I created a Fyros character and has been the same ever since. After some fantastic months playing the beta ( the bomb heal / bomb ele sessions killing Kiban/Kincher by the bridges to Thesos ) I became addicted to Ryzom.

I pre-ordered the retail release in Sep 2004 and started leveling like crazy, I met a good friend called "Fly" (Flyaway) who shared the mad addiction to level elemental magic. Through Fly I joined "The Gladiators of Fyros" lead by Mikelaw. After a month or so Oct/Nov 2004 we were already running around with Fire spells zapping everything.

After deciding the TGOF was not the Guild I wanted to pursue I spent 2 days walking through Prime roots ( max DP ) on my own to reach Zorai lands where I met "Lonewanderer". He often teamed with me while I was leveling my melee outside Zora. He introduced me to "Myna" and they offered me a place in their guild called "Merchants of Void". They had a passion for adventure and exploration and the ways of the Kami. We trained hard in Void and leveled my elemental way beyond the available amps. Luckily I knew "Petej" well who was the only crafter able to make the amps I needed.

I met a young homin called Kye who was new with low levels but a fantastic healer. Little did I know that he would become one of the greatest Kami players.

The Kitin were becoming a constant threat so the challenge became clear, I understood my destiny from that point was to protect Fyros and Zorai and follow the ways of the Kami.

Big shout goes out to Myna, Lonewanderer, Lienchang, Uma, Sumsum, Karm, Kye(yaffle), PeteJ, Rushin, Pinsao, Marin, Fasinus, and Fly !!

~Quik~