Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Vista
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vista (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=28707)

neofyte February 6th, 2007 03:46 PM

Vista

Just wondering if anyone is running Vista yet and are you having any issues with Ryzom?

xenofur February 6th, 2007 03:54 PM

Re: Vista

unless 80% of the games i'd like to play REQUIRE DX10 i will never switch, since, aside from the oodles of reasons against Vista, DX10 is the single reason for it. ;)

sprite February 6th, 2007 04:13 PM

Check the tech-support forums :)

kaetemi February 6th, 2007 04:17 PM

Yes, it works.

mithur February 6th, 2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenofur
aside from the oodles of reasons against Vista, DX10 is the single reason for it. ;)

Lol. A PC is far more than a Game console, you know? And no, DX10 is only one more reason to switch to Vista; there are a lot more, and good ones.

ashling February 6th, 2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithur
Lol. A PC is far more than a Game console, you know? And no, DX10 is only one more reason to switch to Vista; there are a lot more, and good ones.

I'm with Xenofur on passing on Vista :)

katriell February 6th, 2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

You should look up some articles on Vista's "fine print." It's rather dystopian.

xenofur February 6th, 2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

The part about the game console is exactly my point. The only advantage that Vista offers over XP is that it is able to display games that support DX10 better. All the other stuff is either about restricting what you can do with computer or pure eye candy without any merit in a work environment.

This should be moved to off-topic though, methinks.

kaetemi February 6th, 2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenofur
All the other stuff is either about restricting what you can do with computer or pure eye candy without any merit in a work environment

That stuff about restricting what you can do with your computer, is completely fake information. Give me a verifiable example of a restriction first. A firewall, now THAT's restriction, I say! Yes, the eye candy is a bit too much, but when enabled you are using the new window renderer, which uses more of the gfx card instead of cpu than the old one, and gives every window it's own drawing buffer, greatly reducing required CPU power for UI drawing (and increasing RAM requirements, btw).

I recommend giving the user you use to log in full access rights to the folder where you installed Ryzom, so the updates are written directly to the installation directory instead of the virtual personal program files override directory.

mithur February 6th, 2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
You should look up some articles on Vista's "fine print." It's rather dystopian.

No need; several months testing vista at home and work. I know it *very* good. Much more stable, and more secure for final user.

And the eyecandy; only if you like it.

BTW, as Riveit says, the restrictions are a fake. Some people have to learn what means "trusted computing" and another things...

And yes, this is a big off-topic