Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Not so much help, but an idea..
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Not so much help, but an idea.. (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=28778)

arthyr February 11th, 2007 07:21 PM

Not so much help, but an idea..

I'm still downloading the client..

I've got 5mb ADSL and it's take ages stuck at 137PB/sec.
I bought Defcon and that download was a torrent off the official site and I got 500+KB/sec..

I was wondering if you put it as a torrent it would download considerably faster for people?

-a-

rushin February 11th, 2007 08:19 PM

Re: Not so much help, but an idea..

you mean like this one?

(from the download FAQ page on main site)

arthyr February 11th, 2007 08:37 PM

HTTP 404 Not Found

It said it was going to take 3 hours to download the client, after 70mb it crashed my computer and now my download rate wont get above 100KB/sec

:(

rushin February 11th, 2007 11:57 PM

ahh, yes. just noticed this thread.

arthyr February 11th, 2007 11:59 PM

19% and it crashes.. It just stops downloading..
[edit]I'm on to the 5th time it's gotten to 19% and crashed[/edit]

thlau February 12th, 2007 01:02 AM

Try a download manager. I use the SUN Download Manager, but it requires that you have a recent Java version installed.

arthyr February 12th, 2007 01:31 AM

Er... I don't like download managers, they allways kill something on my PC

I just managed to download it, but data11.cab(?) was corrupt so I need to start the entire thing again :(

sprite February 12th, 2007 01:42 AM

DL manager GetRight worked wonders for me. Went from an 11hr direct download to about a 3 hour resumable multistream download :)

blaah February 12th, 2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthyr
Er... I don't like download managers, they allways kill something on my PC

stop punishing yourself and get the damn download manager. Browsers were not meant to handle ~1.8GiB downloads in one go.
get one from here http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
cool thing about download managers is that they can download from multiple sources (2 slow mirrors ? no problem, split download to parts and download from both in the same time) or from same source which can speed up download in some cases.
you can also always pause download (to close you computer for the night for example) and then resume it (99% of servers allow resume).
ohh... and most of them can limit their download speed so it does not interfere with rest of you "internet experience"

most common browsers cant do any of this.

Quote:

I just managed to download it, but data11.cab(?) was corrupt so I need to start the entire thing again :(
does it say that while unpacking ? or when it starts to install actual game ?

arthyr February 13th, 2007 10:12 PM

While unpacking..

I've got it downloaded and working now without a download manager.. got up to 600KB/sec and we done rather fast :)