Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=29129)

blaah December 28th, 2009 10:42 PM

Re: [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages

Quote:

Originally Posted by incend
A couple more things, the client file landed on my desktop...it shouldn't land there ..have downloaded alot of files over the years, so I am going to remove that to one of my two download folders inside Windows Explorer.

its saved where you tell it to. if website would somehow control where to save the file, then it would be big security hole in browser, dont you think ?

Quote:

The client refused to go any further.......ttf error.
go to ryzom folder and run client_ryzom_rd.exe from there. .ttf file it does not find should be in ryzom/data/fonts.

incend December 28th, 2009 11:27 PM

The strange part is..I have looked in the folder and the ryzom .ttf file is there...its just not seeing it. Will try your suggestion thanks.

LOL nevermind.....I noted that the ryzom .ttf file was not in the fonts folder..but in the unpack folder. For some reason it refuses to unpack.

SOooooooo....I copied it from the unpack to the font folder, password screen came up....wish me luck.

*sigh* nevermind that just causes a launch loop...with me having to confirm subscription each time.

I originally suggested some months back that a way to promote Ryzom would be to add a new client to Fileplanet, in my net searches I found that was indeed done as of August last year I think it was.

So currently downloading the client AGAIN this time it takes 15 minutes instead of four hours....

I've tried the other posters suggestion, but that only gives me yet another .ttf error. Not sure why this is coming up...I could visit Microsoft and see if this .ttf font error is somehow on my end....as it seems I am getting it from every client file I've tried thus far.

Will uninstall, do a regedit of the former Nevrax registry listing. Then check with Microsoft..then attempt installing the client file from Fileplanet...hopefully..this will work, other than that, I don't know ..I am not geeky enough to figure whats wrong. LOL

Checked with Microsoft and it seems they no longer support truetype font.. they have a new version vttf. I guess geared for Windows 7. Only Apple Computer supports truetype font..but thats for a Mac.

Still cannot get this working and now I have about 3 different places on my computer with partial installs of Ryzom. Those spots are not manually deleteable as they are write protected, therefore taking up unwanted and unneeded room on my hard drive. And still even with the new download from Fileplanet..I keep getting errors, this time it can't find the client_ryzom_rd.exe file inside Windows explorer.

Uninstalled, reinstalled this time to desktop as it doesn't like C:/Program files for some reason...that gives me an error message about the Nevrax url.

Still getting "unable to find path for ryzom .ttf even though its sitting in the unpack folder. Guess its not meant to be..unless someone has a work around or can link me to the unpacked ryzom .ttf file possibly? I could maybe copy paste that into the font folder..and maybe it would behave itself.

Other than that I am no geek, and one other thing....is there actually technical support here..or just a forum that, if you're lucky someone might answer you..if not no answer at all?

blaah December 29th, 2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incend
Still cannot get this working and now I have about 3 different places on my computer with partial installs of Ryzom. Those spots are not manually deleteable as they are write protected, therefore taking up unwanted and unneeded room on my hard drive.

hmmm... why read-only ? even the one installed to Desktop ?

btw, stop downloading as you already have the installer and stop trying to find solution for .ttf file in microsoft page. ryzom patcher fails (because ryzom folder is read-only probably).

for support, http://www.ryzom.com/en/support.html

incend December 29th, 2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaah
hmmm... why read-only ? even the one installed to Desktop ?

btw, stop downloading as you already have the installer and stop trying to find solution for .ttf file in microsoft page. ryzom patcher fails (because ryzom folder is read-only probably).

for support, http://www.ryzom.com/en/support.html

Yeah I did a system restore..that helped get rid of the extra partial game files..was able to remove them after.

Am currently using only the installer from Fileplanet, and someone gave me some ryzom fonts to install into the correct folders, will see if that solves the problem.

Last install was able to do normal default install into C:\Program files ..etc

Will install fonts and see if that helps at all.

WELL...well well well......guess what worked for this problem? Deleting all the files in the unpack folder. So instead of patching 13 mbs of data it patched 12...for some reason it looks like it was giving me too much data ...LOL

I am currently looking at my character screens...first time.

PROBLEM SOLVED after two days of uninstalling reinstalling and basically tearing my hair out.

Is this a test to see if you are really serious about playing Ryzom? hehehe if so..I WIN!! :P

See you ingame. lol

jeepster421 February 28th, 2010 05:34 PM

i keep getting runtime error and tried repairing IE someone please help me ive re installed probably 7 times now

dazman76 March 1st, 2010 11:16 AM

Jeepster - could you tell us when this error occurs please? Do you get to see the title screen? Select a char maybe? Or even get into the game, then crash?

This could be potentially be a tricky one. "Runtime Error" failures are generally either the game doing something it shouldn't (I've had a couple of game crashes with a runtime error), or an old version of the C++ runtime being installed. If you've re-installed Ryzom several times, I'm thinking it's more likely to be the C++ runtime giving you problems. As a quick test/potential fix, you could download the following directly from the Microsoft Download Centre:

Visual C++ 2008 Redistritbutable Package

This is the latest version, and will hopefully do the trick. If you prefer to visit the MS site and find this file yourself (link paranoia :) hehe), go the download centre and use "c++ runtime" as your keywords, then download the package I described above.

I don't think you need to restart once it's installed, but do so if it prompts you to. Then try running Ryzom again. If you still get the same runtime error in the same place, that *should* rule out the runtime system itself, and point towards Ryzom misbhevaing for some reason. That will require more testing/thought to find an answer, but there are plenty here who can help out :) Eliminating the runtime itself is probably the first step you should take.

jeepster421 March 1st, 2010 09:55 PM

thanks for the info, ive been using CeB as well and they have been trying to help

jeepster421 March 1st, 2010 09:58 PM

also the runtime error appears while the game tries to load. the login screen comes up, but before the actual green menu where you type in your login appears, the error occurs and the game closes.

hjdshk March 27th, 2010 08:24 PM

um i have the missing GL error i have every thing i think i need but it's still not working

eoin2k10 April 9th, 2010 11:24 PM

when i run the game it said "cant find path to ryzom"? what ever that means can anybody help?