Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=29129)

ceton December 4th, 2007 05:55 PM

Re: [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages

Ryzom runs but textures for the characters are missing and also when starting up it says The driver has failed to allocate AGP memory, this may result in perfomance and display issues, could someone help me?

23857628 December 4th, 2007 06:48 PM

You could try by changing your 3D driver in the options to OpenGL or Direct3D, depending on what it's set to.

ceton December 4th, 2007 07:03 PM

I have it set to openGL with all the settings on low becuase my computer sucks and direct3D doesent work, would the low settings cuase this problem with the missing textures?

ajsuk December 4th, 2007 10:54 PM

What are your system specs?

You might get this error if your card is not AGP or if disable 'AGP for Vertices' in the game configuration is selected.

You may also need to update your video drivers.

Also if your card or system memory doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
Quote:

• Windows 98SE/2000/XP
  • Pentium III 1Ghz or equivalent
  • 512 MB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce 2 or equivalent video card with 64 MB RAM
  • DirectX 8 compatible Sound Card
  • Internet connection with 56k Modem
  • 4x CD-Rom drive or higher
  • 7 Gb free Hard Disk Space

thurmar December 5th, 2007 02:12 AM

Another thought... Are you running on laptop? or desktop with onboard video perhaps?

ceton December 5th, 2007 03:17 PM

INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

Report Date: 12/05/2007
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 09:10:12
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4342
Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 509 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 1 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Graphics Memory in use: 6 MB
Processor: x86
Processor Speed: 1794 MHZ

I have a desktop, and even though it says Windows NT Im using WindowsXP wich is odd. And I updated my graphics driver, and the game and everything else runs better but I still have missing textures and they get worse as the game goes on.

ajsuk December 5th, 2007 03:45 PM

Ouch. Well I believe that means you've got shared graphics (onboard/integrated) which isn't a great solution at the best of times but especially not when they are such a low spec. :(

ceton December 5th, 2007 04:12 PM

I guess its what to expect from a free computer. But at least it runs better, and that agp memory thing is gone.

ajsuk December 5th, 2007 04:30 PM

Well thats good news at least. =)

I guess you could disable the onboard graphics & find a graphics card to go in there as a cheap solution.

ceton December 5th, 2007 05:17 PM

Their is a problem their as well, this computer was given to me by my online school and must be returned in its original condition at the end of next year so tampering with it is a no no. But I can deal with the problems becuase I used to play the Ryzom beta, and what fun times those were. Hopefully ryzom lasts long enough for me to get a new computer.