Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=29129)

dragonpimp September 5th, 2009 08:56 PM

Re: [SUPPORT] List of the main error messages

Where can I reinstall my video card?...no API;) also tried th opengl and the directs on the ryzom confing did not work

kiakaha September 5th, 2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonpimp
Where can I reinstall my video card?...no API;) also tried th opengl and the directs on the ryzom confing did not work

Lol, well I did say your video card *driver* :)

dragonpimp September 6th, 2009 03:53 AM

thats what i mean silly..help plz?:)

kiakaha September 6th, 2009 10:30 AM

Searching through the forums gave me these:

http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30622
http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=29604
http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=3386

And several others in French or German. All of them say you should install the latest video card driver for your video card.

If you haven't done that yet, you should do it.

kenjilight December 8th, 2009 07:36 AM

Hi there,

as you can imagine I am having an issue running Ryzom. I receive the following error message:
A failed assertion occurs
ProcName: client_ryzom_rd.exe
Date: 2009/12/08 01:30:11
File: .\driver_direct3d.cpp
Line: 2518
FuncName: NL3D::CDriverD3D::reset
Reason: STOP
-------------------------------

No log
-------------------------------

I saw a similar display earlier in the thread and tried that solution but to no avail. It is not the same exact problem, so may I ask how to fix this error message?

kozban December 17th, 2009 01:22 AM

ok, no error message at all..was working fine under windows 7 until new patch now gets to the checking...packedsheets.bnp file and freezes the computer. Unable to break out of game to kill it or anything.
I have to reboot computer to regain control. Still works fine on my xp computer but not this one:(

Mokoi December 20th, 2009 10:41 PM

kozban

A freeze on the file checking might suggest a file corruption problem .. it may help if you delete the contents of %yourinstallpath%\Ryzom\unpack directory this will force a small redownload and install of the latest patch.
You also mention all is fine in XP ..is this a dualboot and you are sharing a common game path or a completely different install?

Mokoi
SGM Arispotle

incend December 28th, 2009 11:08 AM

Getting message: "path not found for ryzom.ttf" no clue what this means. Launcher starts up (I patched by the way) and then poof it gives me this message and either sends me here to this thread or wants me to exit.

Did a search for .ttf, it stands for True Type font, had a look in the ryzom files, seems to be quite a few .ttf files. At any rate I uninstalled, am downloading again from a different server. Maybe it was a corrupt file......

Its almost 3 am my time, going to sleep!! lol

hellmantwo December 28th, 2009 11:43 AM

It seems it does not find the True Type Fonts of Ryzom.
What OS do you use? On Vista several complained using the default path into the c:\Program...\
Try to install then on a different Path/Partition of your hard drive instead.

incend December 28th, 2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmantwo
It seems it does not find the True Type Fonts of Ryzom.
What OS do you use? On Vista several complained using the default path into the c:\Program...\
Try to install then on a different Path/Partition of your hard drive instead.

I don't use Vista..have refused to use Vista, I use good ol Win Xp. Downloaded from server 1 this time and now I get this error message when attempting to install...the second time:

Ryzom Setup: Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\Nevrax.url

So it seems to me...and I am talking to you Winchgate, that you need to investigate the validity of these files being offered, as it seems that thus far...two (one from server one) and the other from Direct (Bead window) the one with the .ttf error..are faulty.

If you wish people to at least try your game, please investigate and make sure these files are valid for downloading, otherwise I am sure..you are turning people away inadvertantly.

I am going to search the Net and see if I can find the file I used originally back a year or two ago, to install Ryzom. The other suggestion I would like to make is...offer up a clean uncorrupted client file to Fileplanet..that place gets alot of traffic for free games, try and buy and the like.

Fileplanet is where I originally discovered Ryzom in November 2004.

** Edit .I don't have a partitioned drive, so tried the client file again by installing to the "My Games" folder..thus far the request has gone through and is installing ..will update here if it stalls on me again.

A couple more things, the client file landed on my desktop...it shouldn't land there ..have downloaded alot of files over the years, so I am going to remove that to one of my two download folders inside Windows Explorer.

Other thing...as the client moved to the password screen, it refused to allow me to put my password in, til I accessed the update area...and there it was able to affirm my first month's subscription has already been paid. I am writing this in case someone else is having the same problems, so they know what steps I took..to have some success. Will keep this updated with end results.

UPDATE:

The client refused to go any further.......ttf error. I did play this game before I am positive the only problem I had installing it before was attributed to ports. This .ttf error is new.