Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Background patcher, hmm
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Background patcher, hmm (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=29370)

troll16 March 25th, 2007 11:06 PM

Background patcher, hmm

Although I'm not playing much atm, I was going to keep in touch ingame, but the new background patcher has put paid that. After logging into the character page and getting a patch progress of 49% and not moving and you can't enter the game during the background patch. So logged out of the character page and went back in, it was now at 1%.

So decided not to bother with it.

So gl to you all and maybe see you in another MMO sometime in the future.

Edit: added:

Gave it one more try

0% - 49% approx 2 mins
49% - 73% approx 8 mins
73% - 100% approx 2 mins
100% - Ryzom is up to date approx 8 mins

Has to be one of the worst load indicaters i've seen.

Anyway looks like I still be around for awhile

kyesmith March 25th, 2007 11:32 PM

Re: Background patcher, hmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by troll16
Although I'm not playing much atm, I was going to keep in touch ingame, but the new background patcher has put paid that. After logging into the character page and getting a patch progress of 49% and not moving and you can't enter the game during the background patch. So logged out of the character page and went back in, it was now at 1%.

So decided not to bother with it.

So gl to you all and maybe see you in another MMO sometime in the future.

Had the same issue, got to 49% quit ryzom then it patched fine :o

philu March 25th, 2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyesmith
Had the same issue, got to 49% quit ryzom then it patched fine :o

Ditto, logged into my Silan alt while it patched but when I went back to my main after getting a message saying it finished it still read 49%. When I restarted it worked fine.

sprite March 26th, 2007 12:39 AM

Me too - it started on 49% (or got there instantly) and then sat for a minute or so doing nothing. I opened up the bg patcher from the windows systray, set it to "normal" priority and it finished instantly.

Needs some tweaking methinks :rolleyes:

chybisek March 26th, 2007 01:05 AM

Same here, but I do not have any problem with it. But it (patcher) crashed after the patching. I didn't notice any data corruption after, though

ajsuk March 26th, 2007 01:06 AM

hehe, not just me then. =)
I had:
Launch Ryzom -> Patcher runs and takes aaages to check files -> Game goes to char selection and the patch progress bar said 49% also -> Waited a bit but no progress -> closed game -> restarted -> All normal second time around.

xtarsia March 26th, 2007 01:07 AM

Mine worked fine, but my system is set to run background task priority so probably why it worked better.

Otherwise no problems here :)

mithur March 26th, 2007 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtarsia
Mine worked fine, but my system is set to run background task priority so probably why it worked better.

I think that only applies to Windows Services, Witch ryzom updater isn't one, but who knows?

I have a crash before patcher start. Then I check the log and says tht he can't fopen ryzom_live.dat (Or something like that). Then I delete the file, and after that it works smooth. The download takes <1 min, but I have a very fast connection (20 Megs).

katriell March 26th, 2007 01:39 AM

Code:

BackgroundDownloader = 0;
Add that to the client.cfg file in Ryzom's folder.

d29565 March 26th, 2007 02:29 AM

When it comes to the patch thing, I have found that if I let the patcher start and then close the actual Ryzom window, that seems to work with just leaving the patcher thing open.

Can't play Ryzom during it or anything, but better than nothing. I still think I prefer the old patch way.