Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Randomizer
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Randomizer (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30361)

cloudy97 June 16th, 2007 05:57 PM

Randomizer

Does anyone have a handy way of triggering events randomly?

Having a gingo and a yubo in the same area could work, as NPCs can trigger events when they die. But I can't find a way to make the yubo respawn automatically.

xtarsia June 16th, 2007 08:09 PM

Re: Randomizer

ud have to have about 20 yubos, and a few gingoes aswell.

then on any yubos death trigger it to despawn, and the next yubo to then spawn (no auto spawn)

that way the yubos are replaced quite quickly.

interesting idea to create randomness though, might have a fiddle with it later =)

khyle June 16th, 2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudy97

Having a gingo and a yubo in the same area could work, as NPCs can trigger events when they die. But I can't find a way to make the yubo respawn automatically.

I take it you mean "automatically" as in "instantly"? Maybe you could trigger the spawn of a second yubo on the death of the first one, and vice versa.

cloudy97 June 16th, 2007 08:34 PM

well, i would like to make it loop so I don't run out of yubos

kaetemi June 16th, 2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Yes. :p

cloudy97 June 16th, 2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetemi
Yes. :p

Is it a secret? ;)

kaetemi June 17th, 2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Is it a secret? ;)