Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30655)

katriell July 24th, 2007 03:50 AM

Re: [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded)

Strange, I haven't had any problems. But I'm still running Wine 0.9.27.

dk2112 July 24th, 2007 03:27 PM

I just noticed something:
Ryzom config is not searching for an mfc42.dll, it is searching For an MFC42.DLL
And despite using Wine, Linux still makes this difference.

And additionally you can't add a MFC42.DLL to the librarys in winecfg, because it only supports small letters -,-

It seams the Patcher does not work so well on Linux thought, because I just patched it on Windows and re copied the files and I had no problem getting into the game.

Just some textures where a bit odd, like my armor being shining gold and silver, but I suppose I forgot to set the graphics to OpenGL or something.

blaah July 24th, 2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dk2112
I just noticed something:
Ryzom config is not searching for an mfc42.dll, it is searching For an MFC42.DLL
And despite using Wine, Linux still makes this difference.

latest wine from git source dont have this problem and i dont remember that any previous wine releases had this problem.

also, wine dont have mfc42.dll, so no need to add it to libraries.

Quote:

It seams the Patcher does not work so well on Linux thought, because I just patched it on Windows and re copied the files and I had no problem getting into the game.
only problem there was, was msvcrt.dll. without windows version from that file (and it listed under libraries), Ryzom didnt run after patch.

Quote:

Just some textures where a bit odd, like my armor being shining gold and silver, but I suppose I forgot to set the graphics to OpenGL or something.
yeah, sounds like Ryzom is running in Direct3D mode ;-)

dk2112 August 11th, 2007 01:53 PM

*sigh*
Again not working after the last patch, but this time Wine is throwing out a whole bunch of "funktion not yet implemented" Messages.

Does this mean that the devs again have chosen a windows funktion that is not yet supported by wine?

Additionally since last wine update the startscript won't work anymore.

blaah August 11th, 2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dk2112
*sigh*
Again not working after the last patch, but this time Wine is throwing out a whole bunch of "funktion not yet implemented" Messages.

get dll pack from here and extract them to Ryzom folder and run "regedit wine.reg" to make sure wine is using right msvcrt.dll (wine.reg is in zip file). (also make sure there is no duplicate dll's with same name, but capital letters)
if that does not work, paste few of those warning messages here ;-)

Quote:

Additionally since last wine update the startscript won't work anymore.
you mean shortcuts in menu/desktop that wineshelllink creates ? gotta check those when i have time...

dk2112 August 11th, 2007 03:20 PM

No somehow I couldn't get this wineshelllink stuff working, but didn't try too hard.
I simply made them myself with startscript from first post.
May try again.

thanks for the zip, I'll try that.

edit: wineshelllink was able to create an icon on desktop, just not in the menu.
But does the same as my selfmade ones, pc is loading some, then a window pops up for half a sec and is gone.

starting through terminal with:
cd $Path_to_Ryzom
wine client_ryzom_rd.exe
works fine now. (I realy had one missing and one dubblicated dll in Capitals.)

Much thanks for the helb.

dk2112 August 11th, 2007 04:54 PM

Well it did work but only once.
now I have again the problem that Ryzom runs in this strange icon size after I choose a character.

I noticed that after patching my Linux installation was 1,3 GB bigger then the Windows installation, so I recopied it just in case, but it did not help

Just to notice: This icon size problem occurs only in OpenGL fullscreen mode. Windowmode, or even Direct3D works. (although D3D creates realy strange and thus unusable graphics)

cappuccino August 21st, 2007 04:31 PM

Very new to Ryzom here :) I have never had much success with Wine, but this guide worked perfectly. So thanks to the authors, the game looks to be a new favorite for me and my wife :)

chaosz911 September 14th, 2007 03:28 PM

Thanks!
Got Ryzom to work on an Acer Aspire 7520 notebook thanks to this guide!

Did the following:

- Copy the Ryzom directory from Windows to Linux
- Config WineHQ according to the guide
- Start the configurator and got the DLL errors. I copied the ones in the log from windows\system32 to the Ryzom directory
- Config Ryzome according to guide
- The game started to the character selection screen and after that it stopped halfway loading.
- copied msvcrt.dll and added it to the library with winecfg.
- eureka :D

Now it's time to test if directx works...performance is a bit lacking atm. Any tips?

Yelop.

camlost2 September 14th, 2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosz911
Now it's time to test if directx works...performance is a bit lacking atm. Any tips?

I would actually advice you to run in OpenGL. Much better support for it in linux. That said, Wine should have incorporated most of the DirectX used in Ryzom, so might be worth a try just for kicks. Might even give it a shot myself later today. :)