Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30655)

khyle November 24th, 2007 06:33 AM

Re: [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded)

Quote:

Originally Posted by malsehn
ok.... one moment please... ;)

can you tell me the correct lines to disable the client_default.cfg and how the line to enable openGL ?

i run it in console, mit got no dll failure.... i will post it as soon as i can ;)

You don't want to disable client_default.cfg, you only add those lines to your client.cfg, thereby overwriting the default settings in client_default.cfg.

The setting for the 3D driver is
Code:

Driver3D="Auto"; // Valid values are "Auto" or "0", "OpengGL" or "1",
                // "Direct3D" or "2"

You want "OpenGL" or "1", so in your client.cfg it looks like
Code:

Driver3D="OpenGL"

Again, don't touch client_default.cfg, it is protected and will result in lengthy patch sessions.

malsehn November 24th, 2007 07:37 AM

maybe i want, because when i change the 3d mode in client.cfg to OpenGL, ryzom starts the patcher, changes back to direct3d and i got my terxture bugs back...

EDIT: Sorry cant read ;) i just want to know how i can enable OpenGL so that ryzom cant change it back to direct3d

blaah November 24th, 2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malsehn
maybe i want, because when i change the 3d mode in client.cfg to OpenGL, ryzom starts the patcher, changes back to direct3d and i got my terxture bugs back...

EDIT: Sorry cant read ;) i just want to know how i can enable OpenGL so that ryzom cant change it back to direct3d

download client.cfg and move it to your ryzom directory overwriting the client.cfg already there.
(sound will be disabled and it will run in windowed mode, but these two you can easily change in game if you want)

malsehn November 24th, 2007 04:53 PM

Ok... strange thing...... i done a reinstall of LinuxMint 4.0 because windows Vista likes to restore my bootrecoord after some patches... now with wine 0.9.49 there is no problem anymore... Configuration too works, textures are ok (since i was able not to switch to OpenGL.....

i dont ask me the question how and why because since 7 years with Linux many things happend noone can explain ;)

Tahnks for that amazing threat guys :)

23857628 November 25th, 2007 02:22 AM

The working configurator isn't in wine for that long yet. I think it worked with the version I used for the guide though.

Grats on getting it to work :)

thurmar November 27th, 2007 07:26 AM

dealing with "another" game in linux a fix was brought up to almost double fps by doing the following.. anyone care to try it with ryzom?

Quote:

Open a terminal window, (konsole/terminal/x terminal etc..) and type regedit. This will start the wine server
and the wine equivalent of the windows registry editor will be displayed. If your familiar with using the registry
editor under windows then this is pretty much the same.
Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\

Highlight the wine folder in the left hand pane by clicking left on it. The icon should change to an open folder

Click right on the wine folder and select [NEW] then [KEY]

Replace the text "New Key #1" with OpenGL

Click right in the right hand pane and select [NEW] then [String Value]

Replace "New Value #1" with "DisabledExtensions"
(Notice it's case sensitive)

Then double click anywhere on the line, a dialog box will open.
In the value field type "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object" (without the quotes).

camlost2 December 21st, 2007 10:12 PM

Since I did a reinstall of my Kubuntu, I tried Ryzom with Wine 0.9.50 at the same time. Background downloader now works, and your in-game windows and tabs no longer gets messed up when alt-tabbing in and out of Ryzom in full screen mode with no virtual desktop.

Edit: This ofcourse means the Ryzom now runs pretty smoothly and almost straight out of the box, no changes to client.cfg needed. You will have to add msvcrt.dll (as of the patch that introduced the cute little runtime error :) ) under Libraries in winecfg, and set Wine to use to native Windows version. msvcrt.dll is already present in the Ryzom directory so no need to copy any files.

katriell December 21st, 2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camlost2
your in-game windows and tabs no longer gets messed up when alt-tabbing in and out of Ryzom in full screen mode with no virtual desktop.

Does it still mess up when you minimise Ryzom in windowed mode with no virtual desktop?

camlost2 December 21st, 2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
Does it still mess up when you minimise Ryzom in windowed mode with no virtual desktop?

Just tried it and seems to work ok for me. I also copied over my ooold interface configs and map markers :)

Note that after I wrote my previous post, the tabs and windows did get messed up once, unknown for what reason. I've been alt-tabbing quite a lot already and haven't been able to reproduce it yet. If it happens more I may be able to track down the issue!

Edit: Oh, it's reproducable indeed! :D To trigger it, I need to alt-tab out of Ryzom, click the Desktop button (on my KDE taskbar), then go back into Ryzom. Strange behaviour indeed.

Edit 2: Oh wait, I misread your post at first. Minimizing from windowed mode triggers it too. Guess we are back to square one.. Though, note that alt-tabbing from windowed mode works ok.

blaah December 21st, 2007 11:57 PM

this will fix minimizing ryzom / switching linux desktops problem. in both cases, ryzom window will be resized to 32x32 icon. this will disable that.
because this is hack and not a proper fix, you need to recompile wine from source to apply this ;-)
(i haven't seen any sideeffects in other programs with this patch)
Code:

diff --git a/dlls/winex11.drv/winpos.c b/dlls/winex11.drv/winpos.c
index baee122..3061a2a 100644
--- a/dlls/winex11.drv/winpos.c
+++ b/dlls/winex11.drv/winpos.c
@@ -797,10 +797,12 @@ void X11DRV_UnmapNotify( HWND hwnd, XEvent *event )

EndMenu();
        SendMessageW( hwnd, WM_SHOWWINDOW, SW_MINIMIZE, 0 );
+        /* Disabled for Ryzom
        data->lock_changes++;
        SetWindowPos( hwnd, 0, 0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXICON), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYICON),
                      SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOACTIVATE | SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_STATECHANGED );
        data->lock_changes--;
+        */
    }
    else WIN_ReleasePtr( win );
 }

there is second place in same file where window will be resized to 32x32 icon size, but that will be triggered when Ryzom asks to be minimized (like playing in fullscreen and crashing ;-). not that important, so no patch