Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30655)

browserice July 29th, 2010 08:42 PM

Re: [FAQ] Ryzom in Linux (Reloaded)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vl
We just release the first pre-alpha version of Ryzom for Linux. It's a package with pre compiled ryzom so you can directely run it.

All information are on this address:

http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/Offi...zomClientLinux

We need your feedback!

Thank you !

edcastiello August 7th, 2010 07:56 PM

Running (ok) on:
i3 550 3.2GHz - 4GB DDR3 1333
GT 240 (Nvidia drivers 195.36.24)
Mandriva Linux 2010.1 (Spring) 64 bits

Only some crashes in the character creation time. The play time is ok.

Tested (ok) on:
Athlon 2400+ (2085MHz) 1GB DDR
7600GT (Nvidia drivers 195.36.24)
Mandriva Linux 2010.1 (Spring) 32 bits

Saludos :)

ncweber October 25th, 2010 11:22 PM

Hi there. I hope this thread is still active. I've been playing Ryzom for a while on my Ubuntu 10.10 netbook, but suddenly when I try to load it, I get "XML files invalid
msg.xml and database.xml files are invalid (server version signature is different)".

I tried the solution posted in the forums, but then it only said the path to msg.xml was missing after shutting down.

In a related query, does it make a difference if I start Ryzom using Terminal as opposed to double clicking the client file in Nautilus?

EDIT: Update on my situation. For a lark, I tried copying the data_common.bnp file from my Windows install, which does work, to my Linux machine. I no longer get error messages, but now when the game loads, it gets three-quarters of the way around the load ring graphic, then shuts down suddenly. In Terminal, it shows on word. Killed.

Ubuntu
Release 10.10 (maverick)
Kernel Linux 2.6.35-22-generic
GNOME 2.32.0

Hardware
Memory: 990.1 MiB
Processor 0: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60 GHz
Processor 1: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60 GHz

System Status
Available disk space: 73.7 GiB

kervala October 26th, 2010 09:30 AM

The official static version is not up-to-date.

You can compile a more recent version yourself or use my PPA, adding this source : ppa:kervala/ppa (only Maverick version is compiled currently :p)

ncweber November 1st, 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kervala

You can compile a more recent version yourself or use my PPA, adding this source : ppa:kervala/ppa (only Maverick version is compiled currently :p)

Thanks. I tried the PPA and it seems to be working fine. I decided to redownload the data rather than use the old Data folder. I'll let you know how it goes.

ncweber November 22nd, 2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kervala

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The PPA did help a lot, thanks. But I was still getting on only 50% of the time. Then I upgraded my netbook's memory from 1 GiB to 2 GiB, and that seemed to resolve things further.

Again, thanks for the help.

prozacr March 13th, 2011 02:33 PM

After I learned about ability to play for free and on Linux I became very interested in this game immediately.
I am searching for torrent Linux version download. Any Ideas?

flant March 21st, 2011 03:15 PM

Can you please put a link from the download page to the Linux version of Ryzom? Right now it's really a lot of searching until you can download it.

Thanks, flant