Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Any one making movies with Ring ?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Any one making movies with Ring ? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30871)

browserice July 31st, 2007 06:44 PM

Any one making movies with Ring ?

Just wondering if anyone is making movies with Ring.

I have an idea of a story that's been siting in the back of mind. I initialy wanted to just post in the Roleplaying forum section as text but then, I was thinking about ring. Why not make it visual instead.

The only problem I see is character interraction. Some interraction with characters I need are missing. I would have to either find a workaround or do a full blown 3d version of it (lots of work unless I get data from Ryzom dev team). I already have a 3d community movie to do based on HL1:Natural Selection but due to life issues and time, I haven't got any far into it (if you want to see screenshots of my models, I might have a few).

kalindra August 1st, 2007 01:49 AM

Re: Any one making movies with Ring ?

I know that Beau has already made an attempt at film making using the ring. I think you should get in contact with him. But yeah, I clearly heard him say on air that the Ring was a cool film making device. :) Both of you should discuss it. Might end up giving an interesting result. Probably will.

I wish you good luck and lots of fun.

acridiel August 1st, 2007 02:31 AM

Same here, but nerver got arround to actually working on it...
Always that damn time issue... :(
*sigh*

It is possible though and I have allredy made a good portion of my "Karavan-Propaganda" Video with the help of the Ring. ;) :D

I´m planning on doing much more with it, if I only could find the time XD .

CU
Acridiel

kuroari August 2nd, 2007 07:45 PM

All in favor of moving the earth another 5 or so lightyears away from the sun, say I!

-----

*two weeks later*

"okay, everyone face the sun and blow!!!"
*sounds of whooshing and blowing, and lots of gasping for air*
"its not working!"
"try harder!"
"Ok!"

----

i could do with a few more hours in the day too :D

beaut666 August 3rd, 2007 06:17 PM

Yep, just look at my signature...there are the links for the two lil movies I made using only the ring. It is an awesome tool for that. To be honest, I didn't even go that far into it, if I spent the time I could have made a much more detailed, polished movie.
And if we get the patch back that makes the idle animations go off less, then making movies would be even better!
Beau