Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] Ryzom and Vista-Installation and Set-up guide
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] Ryzom and Vista-Installation and Set-up guide (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=30884)

daestny August 1st, 2007 07:50 PM

[FAQ] Ryzom and Vista-Installation and Set-up guide

Ryzom and Vista-Installation and Set-up guide

The following was done with UAC (user account control) kept on and hard drive ownership left alone.

1. Download Ryzom installer.
2. Run the installer as administrator so the installer has correct permissions (right click and run as admin). Warning: if you stop or rerun the installation for any reason you need to make sure you run the installer as admin or your permissions will be incorrect.
3. Once installed there are 2 options for setting up file/folder permissions

option A: cut and paste the Ryzom folder into your documents folder. Doing so gives your user account full control.

option B:
- Browse to the folder that contains Ryzom, and right-click it
- Go to Properties, then Security, then Edit
- Click on Add, and add your own username to the list
- Set yourself to Allow Full Control (Only set permissions to Full Control for your own user, though. Not for the 'Everyone' user.)

This should eliminate most troubles Ryzom may have with Vista. Should you still have problems please contact us via CeB. Be sure and specify that you are using Vista as some things the CSR/GM may ask you to do require doing things a little different than with XP.

helpful tip:

*Vista uses DirectX to render the desktop so when playing Ryzom in fullscreen mode under OpenGL, DirectX is turned off and the desktop goes black until DirectX is turned on again. (Nice effect on dual monitor PC)
*When using Ryzom in DirectX mode, the effect is different: Since DirectX is still running the desktop is visible, but the nice transparency effects are gone.

Windowed mode solves both.

**Others have eliminated patching and editing problems by turning the User Account Control(UAC) off. This method is not recommended, but if you wish to do so please read up about the intent of UAC first -here**

Sources: Kaetemi, Blaah

tashdacat March 7th, 2008 10:21 PM

Re: [FAQ] Ryzom and Vista-Installation and Set-up guide

I have Vista and I followed your FAQ to the letter. It still wont work. All it wants to do is download the game and then tries to start it. What the heck is happening with it?

rabcaz March 9th, 2008 09:43 PM

OOC:
I am afraid that it wil not work as the servers are all down for the moment as the game is in a liquidation phase.

But it seems as there will be light at the end of the tunnel, I for one surely hope so.

//OOC

bullfit August 10th, 2008 03:08 PM

Edit *** fixed issue please delete this post ****

eewec March 9th, 2009 11:10 AM

Just thought I'd add that the above works to get the game running, but to get it to patch properly I also had to set the permissions on the install directory for 'TrustedInstaller' which was already listed but needed extra permission to run.

I gave it Full permission and it patched up to 1.3.1 with no issue, before hand it couldn't tell what version of the game I had.

michielb April 14th, 2009 06:11 PM

Ever since the last patch UAC kicks in whenever I start the client and I'm forced to run with elevated permissions which frankly isn't the way it's supposed to be.

I'm wondering, is anyone else having this problem and what has changed in the last patch that prompted this behaviour?

I am running Vista home premium as a standard user (not as administrator) the same problems occurs on my second computer when running Vista Ultimate, also as a standard user. I've set file and folder permissions to allow full control for my user account but still no joy...

btw it ran perfectly before 1.4...

kiakaha April 14th, 2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michielb
Ever since the last patch UAC kicks in whenever I start the client and I'm forced to run with elevated permissions which frankly isn't the way it's supposed to be.

I'm wondering, is anyone else having this problem and what has changed in the last patch that prompted this behaviour?

I am running Vista home premium as a standard user (not as administrator) the same problems occurs on my second computer when running Vista Ultimate, also as a standard user. I've set file and folder permissions to allow full control for my user account but still no joy...

btw it ran perfectly before 1.4...

Yes I have this problem too. AFAIK there's no solution except for the devs to 'sign' the executable again (but I'm just guessing here.)

wolfrider May 26th, 2009 10:39 AM

thanks, the cut and paste saved me. spent 2 hours trying to figure it out and got smart lol checked the tech sup forum and viola took all of 2 min to set up and its going like a dream. for those vista 64bit users i suggest cut and paste to documents.