Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Player Made Scenario questions
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Player Made Scenario questions (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=31372)

zantsuken September 19th, 2007 06:09 PM

Player Made Scenario questions

1) Do I edit and create my scenario on my local PC and then upload it to the Ryzom servers?

2) Is the data for the scenario stored on the Ryzom server? If I want to edit a scenario, do I need to download the data to my local PC and then push the edited files back?

3) Do I need to leave my PC logged into Ryzom for my scenario to be available in the Ring?

I'm sure I will think of more questions later, but these will get me started :)

xtarsia September 19th, 2007 06:15 PM

Re: Player Made Scenario questions

Quote:

1) Do I edit and create my scenario on my local PC and then upload it to the Ryzom servers?

yes.

Quote:

2) Is the data for the scenario stored on the Ryzom server? If I want to edit a scenario, do I need to download the data to my local PC and then push the edited files back?

The scenario files are stored on your local machine, and they remain there. They are uploaded to the server in order to be run. They only stay on the server for as long as the scenario is running.

Quote:

3) Do I need to leave my PC logged into Ryzom for my scenario to be available in the Ring?

Because of 2, yes your machine will need to stay logged in AND hosting the scenario. you cannot host a scenario and be on the mainland at the same time.

zantsuken September 19th, 2007 06:17 PM

Thank you for the super-fast reply.

Due to the fact that the files are stored locally, I assume that I will be responsible for backing up my scenario files in case I ever need to reformat my PC. Would I be safe just backing up the local scenario folder and its contents?

xtarsia September 19th, 2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantsuken
Thank you for the super-fast reply.

Due to the fact that the files are stored locally, I assume that I will be responsible for backing up my scenario files in case I ever need to reformat my PC. Would I be safe just backing up the local scenario folder and its contents?

Yep :)