Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - NPC gaurds on silan have had weapons upgraded
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NPC gaurds on silan have had weapons upgraded (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=31678)

frostshox October 28th, 2007 04:37 PM

NPC gaurds on silan have had weapons upgraded

yesterday on silan the npc gaurds had normal quality weapons

now they have been upgraded to high quality

example is the matis gaurds had regular pikes now they have living pikes

chang the strong (i think thats his name) had a zora 2h regular axe now he has a golden 2h axe

now this is unusual as it means changes have been made to the game but by whom?

i take this as a very good sign because i know its not a major change it means some 1 is workin on the game

pre156kt October 29th, 2007 12:52 AM

Re: NPC gaurds on silan have had weapons upgraded

Or, which is much more probable, CSRs are playing around and letting newcomers see some goodies before Atys goes down in flames :)

frostshox October 29th, 2007 12:54 AM

csr cant change ingame items, i asked.

they no nothing about it

well we should get some info this week i hope

pre156kt October 29th, 2007 12:58 AM

Well I doubt that first step of a new company would be changing weapons for Silan guards :D
And dont trust everything CSRs say, they are crazy bunch :)

Androbia October 29th, 2007 02:09 AM

Sorry to dissapoint anyone, I have checked all the weapons on silan and can assure you that they have not changed.
I have no explanation as to why you previously did not notice them and i can further assure you that as of this exact moment no developement activity is taking place ingame.
There are no developers, There is no work being undertaken in any form aside from my own evil sense of humour.
Sorry.

nazak07 October 29th, 2007 04:22 AM

could very well have been your client, I've occasionally had the wrong skins load, and there is a glitch on naked characters, comeing out of gh's.. well my alts gh when she comes out naked she'll randomly be wearing a type of boots on my screen... that she does not actually have... have seen her and other naked storage alts, come out of gh's wearing NPC brand armor ;) lol

frostshox October 29th, 2007 10:50 AM

well if i was a glitch im glad they have better weapon skins now

thx anyway androbia and the rest of u

forever October 29th, 2007 01:38 PM

At one point the NPCs did get a clothing and weapons change but this came with a patch many months ago.

alisa112 October 29th, 2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Androbia
There is no work being undertaken in any form aside from my own evil sense of humour.
Sorry.

You ain't lying... *bites Androbia*

zelee November 1st, 2007 06:38 PM

Yes, I can confirm, textures on Silan sometimes tend to change. For instance, I log in and Chiang has blue metalllic axe with Zorai symbols; when I log in again later, Chiang has golden one. The same goes with melee merchants: sometimes they have plain swords, sometimes they have painted ones. Noticed it a long time ago, although I didn't bother reporting it as there are more pressing bugs than a minor texture glitch, which might even be client-based.