Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Questions for Beyond Silan
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Questions for Beyond Silan (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=31719)

katriell November 7th, 2007 07:27 PM

Re: Questions for Beyond Silan

Welcome. :)

50kal November 7th, 2007 09:12 PM

Thanks Guys.

This just shows me, if they would let me, I would register now.

50kal November 13th, 2007 01:00 PM

I know this may sound a bit desparate, but I am Desparate.
I'm still playing Trial and I've now created 3 characters and leveled them up to 20. Still harvesting with my Main a bit.

But I really want to go further.
Are any of the Devs or anyone else still left looking after Ryzom who can remove the Trial Cap (as was actually planned), or were they all dropped immediately after GameForge declared Bankruptcy.
(I'm not sure about the French/German Laws & Regulations regarding this.)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

zelee November 13th, 2007 04:48 PM

I doubt there are any devs left. :(

But there are other goals you can set for yourself while waiting for registration. For instance - do you already have your first million of dappers? Can you solo Arken and his group? Did you kill all the Ocyx without dying? Did you explore the Kitin jungle? Did you kill the Kirosta in group of two or three people? Can you solo the Dominant Cray? All this can be done with correctly built 20ish character, if you find out how.

50kal November 13th, 2007 06:06 PM

What I thought, but had to Ask.

Done most of that stuff or getting close, except the Million Dappers, I don't thinks that's possible in the Trial, or will take forever.
But I also want to level, I can see all those skills just past level 20 looking at me, just out of reach. 8-(

Also feels a bit like wasting XP, killing but not getting XP for it.

Thanks anyway, Here's holding thumbs for someone to pick up Ryzom, and soon. 8-)

acridiel November 13th, 2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50kal

Also feels a bit like wasting XP, killing but not getting XP for it.

How can you waste something, you donīt even get?

And let me please tell you, XP arenīt everything. Espacially in a Game like Ryzom.
Thereīs so much to do besides grinding XP and getting to the Top Levels.
*sigh*
Why do people tend to think more in ways of Numbers when "playing", than actually play... :(

Anyway, we all hope someone will pick up where Nevrax left.

CU
Acridiel

ajsuk November 13th, 2007 08:39 PM

RE: ^^
Gawd, what a moaner. The dudes apparently done most of the missions (good going btw) & now wouldn't mind leveling some past 20 rather than doing the same thing all over again with even more characters, whats wrong with that?

Having such a bitch at other peoples play-style isn't exactly a constructive way of going about demonstrating your own.

kuroari November 13th, 2007 10:10 PM

*grins* jeez Acri, great way to welcome a homin! :p i really don't think he's moaning about "XP XP XP" .. there's not -that- much to do on silan really.. i have a number of alts that i've had run through more or less all the normal quests, but when you get frozen about this or that thing, its a pain in the rear i tell ya! the levels would be extremely useful!

edit :: just ask kalindra/sherkalynn.. poor girl was stuck on silan for a LONG time without ability to pay to play AND on a laggy computer.. she knows how it is :p

acridiel November 13th, 2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsuk
RE: ^^
Gawd, what a moaner. The dudes apparently done most of the missions (good going btw) & now wouldn't mind leveling some past 20 rather than doing the same thing all over again with even more characters, whats wrong with that?

Having such a bitch at other peoples play-style isn't exactly a constructive way of going about demonstrating your own.

Uhm, I think there was a bit of a missunderstanding here.... Oo

This wasnīt at all intended as a rant against him.
Just a side remark on how I do not understand that particular way of Gameing.
If I missinterpreted his post then I apologize most profundly.

I commend his will to stay in the Game despite the difficutlties and all...
but well, I DO find it very sad, that many players do tend to go after XP alone and nothing more.
Let them have their fun, Iīm the last one to forbid them, or actually criticise that, but I just donīt get it.
Whatīs wrong with that?

CU
Acridiel

kalindra November 13th, 2007 11:51 PM

Yup ! 4 months, with lag, on a laptop, enjoy ! :D What I did was mostly guide the other newcommers around (when the lag allowed me), answer their questions, hunt (a lot), dig (a bit) and craft my Arken DP away (because it was my only branch that wasn't capped). No XP, but tons of dappers.

The hunt : I hunted mostly some izams and Weanling bodocs, because I could kill them without difficulty (low cooldown on stat regeneration and I could kill them in 1-2 hits) and sold the materials on the merchant at 45-50% so the new crafters wouldn't ruin themselves on NPC materials to craft their first q10 boots.

The dig : At level 20, it is fairly hard to have digging as a source of income, mostly because it is SLOW as hell. What do you get, 2 mats, maybe 3 per source if you're lucky enough ? I dug only when I was tired of hunting. Now I spend most of my time digging. And it pays... a lot.

On Atys, generosity pays, not millions though, well... not always millions. But if you're generous and helpful, it is highly probable that people will have that attiturde towards you in return. When I left Silan, I had 700k + dappers, which is not a lot for mainland, but is a fortune on Silan (I had more money than I could spend already), but the dappers come much faster and easier now.

Welcome on Atys, where the currency's value is close to nothing and if you listen to me you'll become a dapper hungry mercenary. :P *giggles*

Oh and... I wouldn't have stayed so long if it wasn't from my guild supporting me and cheering me up during that loooong wait. *hugs Nightblade* I won't be offended if you think I'm insane. I am.