Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Questions for Beyond Silan
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Questions for Beyond Silan (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=31719)

mwdowns November 14th, 2007 03:06 AM

Re: Questions for Beyond Silan

Great thread guys.

I'm stuck like the OP and Kalindra. I've got my main guy, Andron, maxed out, and am working on an alt, Fushigi. I've explored around the edges of the island, and I swam into the Kitin forest. Haven't had much luck with the higher level mobs, with the slow cool-down for self heals, I usually get stomped. Especially if there's more than one banging away at me.

On the XP topic: I tend to think that way, i.e. lost XP. :( I just lament the lost skill points (new spells!).

The million dapper goal sounds like a good idea. I'll shoot for that!

See ya around.

Andron
Fushigi

50kal November 14th, 2007 08:24 AM

Don't worry Acridiel, I personally took your post as, how I beleive, you intended it. And I agree playing isn't about the XP, it's about having fun.
But on the same note, it's normally more fun when you have a fair batch of the skills/spells to play with.
I personally find the mid levels to be where I have the most fun.

Also one of the main reasons I want to get to the mainland is Ranged weapons, I planned from the start to try make my Main a Ranged Figher, but there are no Ranged Weapons or even the tools to make them on Silan. 8-(

kalindra, 4 months on the Trial, WOW!!
I don't think I could have do done that, I'm not a very patient person. ;-)

Oh well, back to gathering more resources and selling crafts.

50kal November 15th, 2007 07:54 AM

Good News for... well for everyone in some way.

The Level Cap on Silan has been removed for trial players.
Around 17:30EST last night the Cap just dissappeared, one minute I wasn't gaining XP and the next I was.
I have also confirmed with other Trial players, and it was not just me.

While this is great for new arrivals & previously registered players that cannot access their accounts, this is good news all round, it shows that there is still some life in Ryzom.
Don't want to get our hopes up, but might be *Someone's* plans to keep new players involved until Ryzom is picked up.
Either way it looks like a step in the right direction.

Thanks to whoever did this, there goes the weekend.

PS: Sorry for the late post, but I didn't get much sleep last night. ;-)

kalindra November 15th, 2007 09:36 AM

GREAT :) I'm glad to hear it. It will give our newcommers a reason to stick around. For Magic and melee, the cap was bad, for craft and dig it was even worse... if you made a mistake, you could end-up not being able to use Icy Touch or Fire and Wrath...

For Silan, Jewel and Armour (especially light/heavy) craft is pretty much the most useful you can do. Especially for the HP bonus. You can dig q45 mats in the jungle. Just watch out for Kiro and the Pestas...

And, most importantly : HAVE FUN !

50kal November 15th, 2007 02:51 PM

Thanks.

Now the only thing is getting to the ML.
There are also still alot of skills not available for purchase in Silan(EG: Ranged), yes I know there is no pleasing me. 8-)

But hopefully I can build up a nice batch of extra Skill Points for when Ryzom is picked up, to buy the ones I'm missing.

Okay, back to Ryzom.

PS: You don't really need sleep do you?

zelee November 15th, 2007 05:01 PM

You'll find out that there is a "soft" cap present on Silan, due to fact that there are no really high-level animals and mats to level after lvl50, levelling gets painfully slow after that. But still, it won't stop you from having fun for some time - at least you can get your lvl20+ quests done and get your Ranger armor now. :-)

iceaxe68 November 15th, 2007 05:03 PM

OK, now I'm wanting to start a new char on Silan. I never did finish the missions and missed much of the higher level stuff there. Guess I was in too much of a hurry to get to the mainland, even with my alts.

I think I'll delete one of my disposable alts and start again.

zelee November 15th, 2007 05:08 PM

Yes, yes, come everybody, let's help the newbies to have some fun while they're stuck in the waiting area! :-)

mwdowns November 15th, 2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelee
Yes, yes, come everybody, let's help the newbies to have some fun while they're stuck in the waiting area! :-)

Yes, yes! The more the merrier! :D

50kal November 22nd, 2007 11:25 AM

Hi

Just another few questions for the Vets if they don't mind. 8-)

If you level every possible skill to 250, will you have enough SP for every Action, Stanza, Credit, etc?

Is the Skill Tree on BalisticMystic the latest version, or is there a newer one?

What is the point of the sleep spell if you have Stun?

PS: Thanks in advance.