Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - A speculative drawing of a homin craft mark
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Your life on the living planet (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   A speculative drawing of a homin craft mark (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32576)

katriell August 29th, 2008 10:42 PM

A speculative drawing of a homin craft mark

Go here.

If it seems logical, I'll turn it into a vector graphic.

So, feedback please.

kitty157 August 30th, 2008 12:49 AM

Re: A speculative drawing of a homin craft mark

Awesome idea! I love it!

acridiel August 30th, 2008 01:38 AM

Hmhyes... nice Idea! :)

CU
Acridiel

alisa112 August 30th, 2008 02:01 AM

Incredibly brilliant, as usual.

/bow

komissar August 30th, 2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
So, feedback please.

A brilliant idea Jel :)

I can propose creating individual pictograms for zorai crafters :)
Would be nice if we finally got the Matis text translated from french aswell...

katriell August 30th, 2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komissar
I can propose creating individual pictograms for zorai crafters :)

Good idea. ^_^

ffxjosh August 30th, 2008 01:27 PM

abosolutly amazing idea.

Personaly i would prefer something like

Outer Track:

Starting at the top and working clockwise (which is different to yours)

1 = Basic
2 = Fine
3 = Choice
4 = Exellent
5 = Supreme

Inner track
Starting at the top and working clockwise

The Q of the item (similir to yours) in Q10's

For example a Q9 wold have no inner filled, but a Q250 would have all filled.

Mainly becuase most crafters craft to a Q10 range.

however each block represents to the nearest Q10 so a Supreme Q250 would have everything colours in. A choice Q100 would have the 3 outer filled and 10 inner filled.

I really like your idea tho :D

// Anatti

sidusar August 30th, 2008 03:20 PM

Oooh, I love the idea! :)

Quote:

If it seems logical

No, it doesn't exactly seem logical. :p For one I'd put the circle end on the right side. For two I'd only color one outer segment (50+30=80) and not two (100+30=/=80). For three I'd make the inner icons represent either 1 or 5 or 10 Qlt, never 2. But such illogicalities do give the mark an appropriately exotic appearance. :D

Why would it only represent the 1-250 quality though? Why not the basic/fine/choice/exc/sup or the LQ/MQ/HQ?

I am intrigued by how variations of this mark could be made, as I'd fully expect every society to have their own slightly different version of it. For example, like this.

katriell August 30th, 2008 07:04 PM

Ah, I'm liking how this thread is going now - critique and alternative ideas. :)

That design is very cool, Sidusar, as is the underlying concept of different societies having their own versions.

I don't understand why the circle end should be on the right side? I think of it as an arrow head. That said, "o------- Read me this way!" is really less lucid than "<------- Read me this way!" so maybe the "circle end" should be a trapezoid with the thin end leftmost.

Anatti's idea is more logical than mine, and the graphics Sidusar and I have drawn don't even need to be modified to implement it. So all I did is update the on-image documentation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Why would it only represent the 1-250 quality though? Why not the <snip because it's solved by Anatti> the LQ/MQ/HQ?

Because LQ/MQ/HQ is determined by looking at the item itself. :p

kitty157 August 31st, 2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

I don't understand why the circle end should be on the right side? I think of it as an arrow head. That said, "o------- Read me this way!" is really less lucid than "<------- Read me this way!" so maybe the "circle end" should be a trapezoid with the thin end leftmost.

Well, upon looking at it I saw the circle as an end point, not as something pointing. Kinda like the little bulb at the end of a thermometer.