Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32581)

iphdrunk August 30th, 2008 02:21 PM

Re: Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetemi
Save folder contents are also Ryzom related files ;)

Imho,

We are not talking about some leet hax0r tool or similar. This is an application designed to workaround a *major/critical* bug in game by all definition, which should have been fixed by whoever months ago. Given that this is not the case, I would expect CSRs/owners to no be picky about this interpreting CoC and allow its use at least temporarily.

We don't need to discuss whether a .cfg or whatever file is / isn't part of the distribution. That said, despite having talked to Fandragor myself and knowing he did it in our interest, it goes without saying that it is nontheless an executable file that you download from the internet at your own risk (as little as risk may be in this case). Such a tool could be "verified" or "semi-officialy" distributed to avoid this.

Yours

eika609 August 30th, 2008 04:35 PM

I, for one, am thrilled about the prospect of never losing my flags again and of never having to reconfigure my UI when I log into the game.

Many thanks, Fandragor, for your work on this!

kaetemi August 30th, 2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iphdrunk
We are not talking about some leet hax0r tool or similar. This is an application designed to workaround a *major/critical* bug in game by all definition, which should have been fixed by whoever months ago. Given that this is not the case, I would expect CSRs/owners to no be picky about this interpreting CoC and allow its use at least temporarily.

I know, but considering what the CSRs have been shouting at me every time, you'd be better off asking if it's allowed before distributing it. Even my simple silly server speed monitor for when the server was running slow was wiped off the forum by the evil powerz of the CSRs. Just sharing with you guys what I've been told, anyways, not that it follows my personal opinion on this stuff.

d29565 August 30th, 2008 05:36 PM

I'm not sure i know what the microsoft framework thing is. Do i need that for this program (for all i know, i might already have it)?

EDIT: Nvm, i read that i do need it :) Thx anyway!

5c0rp August 30th, 2008 06:00 PM

nice work fand, thanks

azee07 August 30th, 2008 07:08 PM

thank you Fand :D, now i can play without worrying about crashes ruining my maps

whiterider August 30th, 2008 07:17 PM

Awesome, Fand. Ta!

khyle August 30th, 2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iphdrunk
it goes without saying that it is nontheless an executable file that you download from the internet at your own risk (as little as risk may be in this case). Such a tool could be "verified" or "semi-officialy" distributed to avoid this.

Simple solution: peer review. Open the source and allow everybody to examine what the tool does. If there's any risk involved, someone will find it and point it out.

Just a thought ;)

kaetemi August 30th, 2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khyle
Simple solution: peer review. Open the source and allow everybody to examine what the tool does. If there's any risk involved, someone will find it and point it out.

Just a thought ;)

You can easily decompile CIL executables using the .NET Reflector.

kiakaha September 3rd, 2008 11:58 PM

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore

Good work Fandragor, tnx!

Just a question: does it work with the /multi switch?

Oh and could you please please pretty please make the save location a user option? I really don't like programs putting stuff in My Documents automatically.