Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32581)

dsx1138 September 6th, 2008 08:21 PM

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore

Links seem to be down, this tool looks like it will solve my crash-on-exit headaches

irukandji September 7th, 2008 04:57 PM

Link is down. I am glad someone came up with this. The flag debacle was, well, a debacle.

muadhib September 8th, 2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irukandji
Link is down. I am glad someone came up with this. The flag debacle was, well, a debacle.

Links should work again. Sorry for the temporary downtime.

Cheers,
Fand

5c0rp September 10th, 2008 03:03 PM

can always host the files for you fand if you have hosting issues.

dsx1138 September 11th, 2008 12:13 AM

Thanks for the link updates, it seems to work great so far, though it's curious that a char name appears in list that I didn't create. My char is Drakhan, but "R2ed_drakhan" also appears.

muadhib September 12th, 2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsx1138
Thanks for the link updates, it seems to work great so far, though it's curious that a char name appears in list that I didn't create. My char is Drakhan, but "R2ed_drakhan" also appears.

Hehe, yeah that's your Ring editor configuration. I never visited the Ring editor, so I wasn't aware the game created this kind of configuration.

I could probably add some filter to the code to filter out Ring configs, but maybe it's not so bad if you can backup these configs as well.

Cheers,
Fand

jared96 September 13th, 2008 08:50 PM

""Rystore will create a "Rystore" folder in your "My Documents" folder. That's where it will copy all your character's configuration files if you manually backup them. I don't recommend to delete or rename files or folders in this folder."

I would suggest creating a folder within the Ryzom directory or just putting the backups in the save directory. One of the best things about Ryzom is copying the entire Ryzom folder over to a USB thingie, DVD or whatever and bringing it with you wherever you go w/o havingto reinstall or search the HD for "other" files. I keep a current copy of my Ryzom folder on my USB thingie and take it wherevere I go, ready to copy to a hotel PC, friend's PC, office PC whatever.

What I have been doing since the patch that introduced this bug is simply zip the files to "save[date].zip" right within the save folder and simply unzip to restore any time they get fudged.

jam2005 September 18th, 2008 11:45 PM

I launched Ryzom with this last night, played for a few hours and managed to quit without a crash... I just tried to do it again and wound up starting the process of getting a 183.4MB patch. Upon being told there was no new patch today I exited, restarted with my old-fashioned ryzom.exe, and wound up needing just an 11MB patch - probably to fix whatever I'd just been allowing to happen.

Not sure if the issue was caused by Rystore or my fruitcake of a computer, but I figured it was worth a mention.

Edit: Tried launching with Rystore again the following day and it worked just fine, so I think I'll blame the Ryzom background downloader. :p

muadhib September 20th, 2008 10:34 AM

Hiya Tshael,

Rystore just runs the "client_ryzom_rd.exe" in your Ryzom folder, just as if you ran it from windows explorer.

There's no other "magic" happening in Rystore, so I doubt it can influence the way the background patching mechanism works.

Since the game is back, I haven't seen the patcher download *anything* here on my system, and I'm logging on at least once a day. So I believe there hasn't been any bug fixes / patches released by the new devs yet.

But yeah, its kinda weird other people report actually downloading files for patch, I heard this from a number of players now.

katore September 21st, 2008 07:35 PM

I could really use this utility!

I downloaded the "light" version as I already have .Net running - I think it's 3.5. I put Rystore.exe in the Ryzom folder, created a shortcut to the desktop, but no character appears. Start, re-start, nothing.

I run 64 bit Vista. I'm wondering if this is because I don't have a "My Documents" folder - or at least a folder with that name. Or if the Net Framework version differences are to blame.

Is there something you can suggest other than "get rid of Vista"?

Thank you!

Katore